Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

John_Havok

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,419
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    25

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by John_Havok

  1. With further gutting, bottom 7 for sure. If he doesn't trade Sanchez or Stroman, maybe 15-18.
  2. I see what you're saying but that's mainly segregation based on whether or not you agree or disagree with someone. I would prefer a better ignore feature where I don't see a giant message letting me know. Or even a sticky thread inviting newbies to lurk a while first before posting to get a feel for the board and it's personalities so they know how to start off without being perceived as nothing more than a cheerleader
  3. Yeah I only had three teams on my dartboard for that toss, Rangers, Red Sox and Yankees, and I came up rangers. My darts aren't proving very prophetic so far
  4. "Kyle Boddy is the owner of Driveline Baseball and Driveline Biomechanics Research, both in Seattle, Washington. At his facility, he's melded statistical analysis, strength & conditioning, prehab/rehab, and advanced biomechanical analysis concepts to develop improved efficiency, durability, and fastball velocity of baseball pitchers. He is the author of The Dynamic Pitcher, a comprehensive book and video set dedicated to developing elite youth baseball pitchers." And if the Jays had any brains, they'd be hiring guys like this to be a part if the organization. Biomechanics is still a largely unexplored area of baseball scouting and development.
  5. The problem is all those threads that were full of gold turn into piles of s*** when a guy got banned since all his posts disappear. By far the most epic thread was that guy who said goodbye to himself because he forgot to log out of one of his accounts and posted in his own goodbye thread
  6. I made that mistake once in a drunken stupor, was going for tuna and ended up with Friskies. I was one very confused the next morning, not to mention the cat.
  7. John_Havok

    NHL Thread

    No, I had a beer with him a few years ago in Saskatoon but not a peep since.
  8. My cat's breath smells like cat food.
  9. This reminds of that Simpsons softball episode. This next clip is probably apt illustration of Cano skill vs Ang, Ang being played by Homer Simpson. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-PgpbcLsiU
  10. I believe you mean synopsis, my Dominican friend.
  11. John_Havok

    NHL Thread

    It's really quite interesting when you think of the star power that is in the Eastern Conference, Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin, Stamkos, Tavares, 7 of the top 10 scorers in the league are in the East.
  12. He's a subpar defender and an average bat, with less years of control and between him and Salas, cost more money. Bourjos is younger, an elite defender in CF and probably puts up 3-4 WAR without even having anything better than an average year with the bat., with a better than average year with the bat, he's in the 4-5 range. I just think they could have found a 2 WAR 3B and a decent pen arm for less than a 3-4 WAR CF, but a big part of this is probably the Angels completely undervaluing Bourjos more than anything.
  13. John_Havok

    NHL Thread

    Would now be a good time to mention that there's not a single team in the Eastern Conference that would be in a playoff spot if they were in the West? I know it's early enough that it won't keep up all year but at the 25% mark of the season, I think it's still pretty noteworthy.
  14. Love this deal for STL, further cementing their status as a well run org. Thet get younger, better, more inexpensive and get a prospect to boot. And the Angels make yet another puzzling move that really doesn't help their team and adds money.
  15. I get what your point is here, but wouldn't you rather have AA "took a chance" with moves that made a bit more sense and not severely cripple the farm system in trading for old players with large overvalued contracts? Spending money doesn't mean much if you spend it poorly while simultaneously setting the long term health of the franchise back.
  16. In Soviet Russia, bikes ride you! - Yakov Smirnoff
  17. No s***. Shouldn't have made it past the second post
  18. Trade is Fielder + 30 million to the Rangers for Kinsler. After adjusting for the money changing hands, the Rangers get Fielder for 7 years/138 million and Detroit ends up with Kinsler for 4 years/62 million and the 30 million that they sent to the Rangers
  19. Once you're on the 40 man roster, you make the MLB league minimum salary because you are on a major league roster, so daily meal money probably wouldn't be an issue. As for other perks, I doubt it.
  20. John_Havok

    NHL Thread

    1st place in the eastern conference would be 8th in the west.
  21. Some section that explains what WAR, wRC+, FIP xFip etc are, rather than assuming everyone knows?
  22. That was awesome. Here's some pretty good racial commentary with a baseball flavour: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEc-I-Zw_EA
  23. Well you picked the reference I was making, so it's all good.
×
×
  • Create New...