Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

John_Havok

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,419
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    25

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by John_Havok

  1. You're right in general, if there was no underlying issues causing a decrease in his results. If the same stuff was there, and he's just run into a few rough outings (see Hoffman or Little), he probably gets that rope. But when you see the possible reasons for his decline being an actual slip in velo, stuff and control.... then you don't get that rope.
  2. I thought the same thing, I thought he would go to Little to open the inning and was mentally preparing myself for the landslide of complaints of taking Scherzer out when he was dealing.
  3. I think so yeah.. with 3 straight LHB coming up in a 1-run game, i think he probably gets the hook and it's the right call. Also gotta remember Scherzer's pitch count was up to the point where his thumb could easily be a concern ... so all signs pointed to Little coming in regardless of the outcome to Shaw.
  4. I don't think may players out there at all would compare to what Altuve has done, but.. yeah almost identically sized players. Altuve definitely had some HR pop in the minors, but Pinto's most recent SSS would be significantly higher than Altuve ever had in the minors. Thing is, Pinto is 22 at High A. At that age Altuve spent the entire season in the majors putting up 2fWAR. Altuve is probably headed to Cooperstown someday so to compare Pinto to him would seem pretty unfair really.
  5. I need you to back up your opinion with some sort of logic though. Dominguez has pretty drastic splits when facing LHB, and IF he started that inning he would have had to face RHB, then 3 straight LHB. How would that have made sense? Domingues gives up a .372 wOBA to LHH, .240 against RHB. Little's wOBA against RHB is .248, and .292 against LHB. So if dominguez starts the inning his opp wOBA would be .240, then .372 x 3 Little would have been .248, then .292 x 3. Since we know a pinch hitter was brought in it ended up being .248, .248, then .292 x 2. Please defend why you feel Dominguez would have been fine to start the inning instead of doing what he did.
  6. Thank the flying spaghetti monster Schneider knows what R, S and L stands for.
  7. Good. That's the attitude he should have. I want every SP to be utterly p*ssed if they're being taken out when pitching well. Scherzer is also certifiably insane on pitching days and while on the mound.. so he'll be fine as soon as the game is over and he's had a chance to decompress and hug his stuffed animals.
  8. Very cool. That double sux though, he threw a whale of a game
  9. Would think you'd have Varland coming in and Little warming just in case, (or the reverse)and Hoffman to close.
  10. By the same morons that wanted Varsho traded for a reliever at the deadline.
  11. Twin 1 -hitters through 5 innings. Gonna be outta here in time for happy hour
  12. Yeah I pulled that from some weird interview piece I found from somewhere in Korea.
  13. I posted a while back, they've started taking a smaller version of it on the road with them, sometime towards the start of July if I remember right.
  14. Looked like Gimenez was hobbling around 3rd....
  15. For the Jays. looks like a pretty legit sweeper. They'll need a few looks before they settle in.
  16. This might be a "second time through the order we get to you" kind of night
  17. Brewers just made Keller their bitch for their 12th straight win. They haven't lost since the day before the trade deadline. 4 straight sweeps. Unreal steamroll right now
  18. Still no confirmation from anywhere on this, though some Korean outlets are referencing the tweet and also running the story.
  19. Sorry bud. My Spanky-to-English translator must have been on the fritz for a minute.
  20. Very basic one... Moon Seo-jun, evaluated as one of the top three prospects for the 2026 rookie draft alongside Park Jun-hyun (Cheonan Buk-il High School) and Yang Woo-jin (Gyeonggi Aviation High School), is garnering much attention with his tall stature of 196 cm (6'5" give or take) and fastball exceeding 150 km/h (93mph). His fastball, which comes from a high release point, combined with a curveball that drops sharply, is considered powerful. When asked to introduce his strengths, Moon Seo-jun replied, "I throw fastballs, cutters, two-seamers, changeups, and sweepers. This year, my fastball reached a top speed of 153 km/h.(95mph) Overall, it seems better compared to last year. The pitches I am most confident with are the fastball and changeup." He also revealed his role models, saying, "I like Yu Darvish (San Diego) and in Korea, I admire senior Ahn Woo-jin (Kiwoom)." Considered to have the best physique and greatest potential among this year's promising players.
  21. Probably. The gift that keeps on giving! Though I'll hold off on the cheering until somehwere a bit more reputable also confirms this.
  22. Shows how f*cking old we are too... dammit
×
×
  • Create New...