Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

John_Havok

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,422
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    25

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by John_Havok

  1. Maybe Vijay's -22 record at this tournament is in jeaopardy. He used to pillage this course
  2. Anyone had their clubs fitted when they bought them and can tell me if it's really worth it? I'm 6'6" so it makes common sense that the same set of clubs that someone 5''10" would buy would obviously play differently between the two of us, just want to know if anyone has experience with that kind of thing
  3. And right on cue, fangraphs takes a look at the Jays rotation because of their article on projections. http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/are-forecasts-too-pessimistic-about-the-blue-jays-rotation/
  4. Can Gose pitch? We know he can throw hard but it takes a bit more than that.
  5. Raptors playing like garbage right now. Hornets are on the 2nd night of a back to back and the Raps should be running their asses off, instead playing a cement-foot half court game
  6. People confuse regression with retrogression(the opposite of PROgression) all the time.
  7. Looks like I'm too late to enter week 1, full already. Might need more spots for week 2
  8. Mike Cameron played in the height of the steroid era though, so his raw numbers look good now when you compare to current players, but in terms of wRC+ he wasn't really underrated at all. That said, if Alford became Mike Camerons raw numbers in today's game, the Jays would be thrilled beyond belief.
  9. I haven't found any of his scouting grades in my super quick go ogling attempt, but I don't recall anyone being excited about his power. He had 1 big power season in AA where he hit 16 HR, (very lefty friendly park in New Hampshire) and while there was always optimism that he could develop more power, I think below average was the realistic expectation. He never hit more than 5 in any other minor league season.
  10. Gose didn't have the kind of power that Alford has though. That gives Alford more leeway to be valuable even if his swing and miss remains an issue.
  11. I agree that based on his skill set he has a higher bust potential and if you picked him to say you predict he will bust, not that he already is one... I can see the rationale. But for anyone to say he's already a bust is very premature. He also has the floor of a plus defensive CF with burning speed, power potential and a good eye as evidenced by his increasing walk rate. Even if he can't contact as well he will still likely make the big leagues barring injury as a 4th OF/pinch runner, barring further injury issues. So at that point I guess it depends on one's definition of bust.... making the majors but nowhere near your ceiling, or just never making it at all and getting punted, like Jake Anderson
  12. Just trying to be contrary. Theres no reason to put a bust tag on him at this point in his career at all.
  13. He touches on Biagini a bit in the article, last year he put up 1.2 WAR but this year only projected for 0.2. Even getting to 0.7 WAR would up their projected placing to 10th overall.
  14. Thoughts on fangraphs positional power rankings for the Jays rotation and pen: http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/2017-positional-power-rankings-relief-pitchers-1-15/ http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/2017-positional-power-rankings-bullpen-16-30/ http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/2017-positional-power-rankings-starting-rotation-1-15/ http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/2017-positional-power-rankings-starting-rotation-16-30/ They have the Jays ranked 16th in both rotation and pen. Too high? Too Low?
  15. Weighting would pretty much do that
  16. I'll send you a pm later if I'm still in the market. Thanks
  17. What's the rest of your roster look like? And 9 Teams? Everyone will have an all star team anyways
  18. Just saw the NFL owners voted 31-1 that the Raiders will be moving to Las Vegas after 2 more seasons in Oakland. So the NHL is there and the NFL will be. Is it just a matter of time now until MLB and/or the NBA show up?
  19. Really impressed with Delon Wright tonight. Needs a bit more bulk to help him when he goes into the lane but he's really on the right track.
  20. Some sort of simple weighting system would be ideal. Like 50% projections and 50% actual numbers. Would balance it out somewhat on breakout or slumping guys. If you go 100% on projections or 100% on actual numbers... any good / bad year by any player could skew things dramatically
  21. I can't see 53 being a regular number, that's got to be highly irregular. In 2015, they signed 17. 2014- 29 Cardinals in 2016... 29 2015... 13 2014.... 23
  22. If anyone has seasons tickets and won't be using them for some of the games from June 27-30 I'll be in town and looking for anything I can get my hands on.
  23. The most interesting thing I found from the article was that a car salesman said no to a guy who wanted 10 cars right away.
  24. Got out for my first round of the year yesterday. Felt good to swing despite the results.
×
×
  • Create New...