Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

John_Havok

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,422
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    25

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by John_Havok

  1. Excellent start for Sergio on his final round. Now a 2 shot lead through 3
  2. John_Havok

    NHL Thread

    So... Calder trophy... Really only 3 names should be in the conversation imo. Matthews, Laine and Matt Murray(this guy is getting criminally underrated in his rookie season). Who takes it? I always find it hard to rate goalies against skaters in awards like this, and I'd probably give the edge to Matthews over Laine since their stats are close enough to be a wash, given Laine lost some games due to injury. Matthews being a centre and basically being the focal point of their team the entire season as a rookie gives him the edge there imo. But Matthews vs Murray... how do you really compare and contrast the 2 when they play such drastically different positions? Am I over rating Murray because he plays on one of the best teams in the league?
  3. Game 6: Bautista (2 Pts)-o2, Pendleton, Condor13 Donaldson (2 Pts)- LetTheBallFly, Dylan, johnhavok Morales (3 pts)- baseballsss Tulo (4 Pts)- Martin (4 Pts)- Smoak (5 Pts)- Pearce (5 Pts)- Travis (6 Pts)- Pillar (7 Pts)- jfl19 Barney (9 Pts)- Carerra (9 Pts)- Goins (9 Pts)- Bench (10 Pts)-
  4. Derozan isn't really the engine of the team, it's Lowry. Heaving the most 2 point shots in the league will get you points, and it's useful in the regular season, but when your game is centered around mid range shooting and getting to the free throw line, your game tends to suffer when the whistles get put away in the playoffs. Agree that adding Ibaka will give the other teams something to think about, but realistically this teams success is on Lowry, not Derozan.
  5. 64 SB and 17 CS (79% success) in what amounts to not even 1.5 seasons of PAs in the minors isn't bad given his injuries. His speed is fine, just needs more experience reading the pitchers for his jumps. That's what the minors are for.
  6. Game 5: Bautista (2 Pts)- baseballsss Donaldson (2 Pts)- Pendleton Morales (3 pts)- JFL19, Angrioter, johnhavok Tulo (4 Pts)- saskjayfan Martin (4 Pts)- Condor13 Smoak (5 Pts)- o2 Pearce (5 Pts)- P2F Travis (6 Pts)- Spanky, LetTheBallFly Pillar (7 Pts)- Barney (9 Pts)- Carerra (9 Pts)- Goins (9 Pts)- Bench (10 Pts)- Double points today
  7. I'm getting some great pictures from the radio feed. Crystal clear
  8. Game 4: Bautista (2 Pts)- TholesWeirdEye, LetTheBallFly Donaldson (2 Pts)- Morales (3 pts)- johnhavok Tulo (4 Pts)- baseballsss Martin (4 Pts)- Smoak (5 Pts)- jays4life19 Pearce (5 Pts)- Travis (6 Pts)-o2, Condor13, Sammy225 Pillar (7 Pts)- Pendleton Barney (9 Pts)- Carerra (9 Pts)- Bojangles Goins (9 Pts)- Bench (10 Pts)- Angrioter
  9. It would, if not only so we wouldn't have to hear every commentator in every tournament call him the best golfer not to win a major.
  10. Yeah, I'm not really worried about Boston. Good team but the Raps match up well as long as they contain Thomas. I'm curious as to who you think is the 3rd star on the raptors?
  11. I like the optimism, but I'm just don't see them getting past Cleveland. And if they did by some miracle, beating Golden State, San Antonio or even Houston would be monumental.
  12. Not this year. I was out tonight and hit my tee shot inside 2 feet on a par 3 .... so close to the ace and yet so far....
  13. John_Havok

    NHL Thread

    I hope so, because watching a tournament like that without the best in world would be awful
  14. John_Havok

    NHL Thread

    I don't think the NHL would really want to do that. If the owner of the team he is under contract to allows him to go ( and that owner has said in the past he will not stand in the way if Ovechkin wants to go), then what recourse does the NHL really have? The players are under contract to the team, not the league. Edit. And here's an article discussing that very thing. http://www.tsn.ca/how-the-nhl-can-prevent-players-from-going-to-olympics-1.715216
  15. Well, he can be moved back to extended spring training. The short season leagues don't start until the middle if June. And yes, I agree that getting guys to full season ball as soon as possible is best, as long as they're ready for it. It can also really break a kids confidence to put him up against competition he's not ready for.
  16. Yes. A guy watching TV gets to call up the LPGA and say he saw an error by a player and then she gets a 4 stroke penalty. Just garbage
  17. John_Havok

    NHL Thread

    Cuz money and stuff
  18. I think the last situation close to that Travis Snider, but he was in the App league at 18, not tye GCL and went to Lansing at 19.
  19. And this is why golf has the reputation it does regarding rules and nitpicky ******** https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/02/sports/golf/lexi-thompson-penalty-ana-inspiration.html?_r=0
  20. It's really agressive but if the evaluators think he can hack it, that's awesome
  21. John_Havok

    NHL Thread

    Just breaking now, the NHL confirmed they will not be sending players to the 2018 Olympics http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/nhl-will-not-participate-2018-pyeongchang-olympic-games/
  22. Yeah, theyre all on back to back to back on TSN2 starting at 1pm eastern.
  23. I'll say 83. Looks like I'm the pessimist so far. Pitching health/depth will be the factor
  24. It was today actually, that's why I asked. I hit the new Callaway Epic driver, Wilson, Titliest, Cobra, Mizuno and Ping. Unfortunately the Taylor Made rep missed his flight and didnt show so missed out on that which was unfortunate. The Callaway epic was the best driver for me, but all of them performed well once the guys were able to adjust the weights and shafts to suit my swing. The new Titleist was a very close 2nd. For irons, I really liked the Wilson C200 and D200 sets but again, all of them performed well. A few free tips and Trackman swings to identify easy fixes on small things also. I'm a pretty bad golfer so it was worth it for that alone. The big thing I found out is that I need a stiff flex shafts. My current driver and woods have way more flex because they're bottom dollar clubs. Even hitting the Callaway Epic with more flex and didn't get near the results of a stiff. Side note, there was a 14 year old kid next to me hitting the same Callaway driver at the same time, and he was killing it everytime. After a few minutes a crowd was gathered to watch him 1 hop the end screen of the driving range with every hit. And the end screen is about 270 yards, not bad for 14
  25. Seems like he's already up just over 8 to 1 without winning his bet. I'd take the money and run.
×
×
  • Create New...