Need 1 more lefty, and for my money I’d want at least 1 guy that’s equal to or better than Romano. It just feels so much better to have at least 2 guys that you have absolutely no qualms about finishing off the last 2 innings in any part of the lineup.
Cimber, Mayza, the other hypothetical lefty and Garcia can get you through the 6th and 7th easily enough I think. There’s no in house option for the guy who’s equal to or better than Romano though. Pearson might have that ability but he can’t be counted on for this season.
Maybe Gage can be that lefty, but with such a short track record, I don’t know if he’s that guy this season. Maybe going forward he can be.
Guys like Zulueta might get a shot down the stretch too given that he’s a 40 man add this coming off-season, but again, still a question mark.
Gimme Joe Jimenez to be the 8th inning guy and I’ll figure out the lefty when I have more time.