Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

John_Havok

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,426
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    25

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by John_Havok

  1. Sure, but a team on the precipice of advancing in the playoffs is looking for more of a sure thing, not a gamble at that price. Cheaper? Sure. Still leaves room for other moves.
  2. Yeah that's steep for what hes done the past few seasons, but the Cubs can both afford to pay that and have him play everyday on a 1 year deal and hope he does better.
  3. s*** dude, if you’re buying them they better be hot. Who wants to pay for an ugly.
  4. My Facebook gets flooded daily with people posting about how we need to really support Canada’s second amendment rights to gun ownership. I can’t even….
  5. Call me crazy, but…bye bye Martinez.
  6. Yeah, track record is there for sure, but I dont think its unreasonable to suggest that Verlander might have more injury risk as a 40 year old less than 2 years removed from a TJ surgery vs A guy like Manoah. Scherzer has had his share of nagging injuries too over the past few seasons. I'd be less worried about Scherzer than Verlander though just because of the TJ.
  7. Saw that yesterday as well, hard to say but i doubt his actual abilities degraded that much. Could just be a blip.
  8. The fact that Selig is IN the HOF is an even bigger joke than Bonds, Clemens etc not getting in.
  9. Helluva payday for a 40 year old. Gotta love it.
  10. ScherLander would be a pretty sweet tandem but man would I be worried about them both dying on the mound. Having your top two arms at 38 and 40 would be slightly terrifying, expecially when youd be paying them 40 million+ each
  11. 2 years plus a vesting option based on IP would be as far as I would go.
  12. Has Buck officially announced whether he's coming back or not? If not, I might be able to watch with the sound on again when Shulman isnt there.
  13. I accept your number as valid, more or less.
  14. What are the odds that a fairly significant move gets done by Atkins at the meetings? Like, catcher trade or higher type of significant
  15. I dunno. I think he seems perfectly qualified for a bench coach.
  16. I hope they all get in except Murphy.
  17. Man, I remember doing the hockey fantasy leagues back then by having to wait for Tuesday's newspaper when all the stats for all the teams came out in the Sports section- fully up to date as of the Monday games. Bernie Nicholls and Pat Lafontaine won me my first ever league.
  18. True. Its reallly interesting to see how the relief pitching position has evolved in the past 20 years.
  19. Its kind of hard to compare honestly, back then (looking ta say 2004) only 10 relievers had a K/9 at 10 or higher (Brad Lidge.... wtf! that was a massive year for him). In 2022, there was 65 relievers with a k/9 over 10.
  20. And he was incredible that first year. Then Tommy John... then an average year, then complete crap and he was DFA in year 4. They realistically got 1 good year out of that deal
  21. The marine layer and humidity.
  22. You're that confident that his defense isn't going to tank any potential bat gains from 2022?
  23. Then you didnt actually read what I wrote, or understood the article.
  24. https://blogs.fangraphs.com/looking-back-at-the-2022-zips-projections/ A perfectly timed fangraphs article. Anyone who wonders about projection systems, just go through the list of the biggest misses on the plus and minus side and you should notice a trend. Generally, the largest misses on either side are due to breakouts, very limited data from the MLB and relying on minor league numbers, or falls off cliffs.
  25. That's a very meaningless statement unless you can point to some flaw in the projection systems that only seems to impact Teoscar, or players just like him. For example, RA DIckey generally outperformed projections and systems regularly because those systems can't account for unicorns. Teoscar is not a unicron kind of hitter.
×
×
  • Create New...