Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

John_Havok

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,422
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    25

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by John_Havok

  1. I’m not saying they have to, just saying it’s pretty likely.
  2. No s***. Whatever **** reported the other **** for saying **** is the ****iest **** who ever ****ed.
  3. Bullpen: Keep Romano, Green, Yimi, Swanson, Mayza, Cabrera, for the active roster. Cimber is a non tender, Parsons an obvious DFA. I’d try to trade Richards because he’s only 1 year left, he still has value but Romano, Mayza, Cabrera and Swanson need raises and I’d rather give his money to other guys. I’d really want to try and bring back Hicks but with the other guys getting raises I just don’t see it happening unless he takes a pretty significant discount. Still have open spots for guys like Pearson, Danner, Pop, Zulu, Francis (if he’s not in the rotation) and other guys not currently on the 40 man to fight over. Green is a bit of a wildcard here as I don’t think I’d want him for 3 more years at 9, but he would definitely decline his option then, and then the Jays would owe him high AAV for only 2 years..or he walks. Best case really is if he takes his 1 year 6.25 option after the jays decline their first option. Doubt that happens, but it could if he feels like a good year can set him up for another multiyear deal for 2025 and beyond. But if something weird happens and green isn’t back, throw that money at Hicks. White is another wildcard for the pen as I’m sure he’ll get a shot at a rotation spot if he’s still with the team given his late season successes at AAA. I’m not entirely sure if he’s a free agent or if he just becomes rule 5 eligible so I’ll withhold a full opinion until that is clarified. Rotation: 4 names are set in stone unless a trade happens so the 5th spot right now is likely between Francis, Tiedemann(if they can manage innings effectively enough) Manoah (maybe?) the minor league guys and White depending on his status. There’s tons of back end starters in free agency this off-season too so #5 could possibly come from outside the org. Lineup: Goodbye Chapman, KK, Merrifield, Belt, Heineman, Eden. Jimenez, Lukes and Lopez could be DFA and lost but…whatever. Biggio stays as a bench guy. I think Horwitz gets a shot at being DH. Clement on the bench as I believe he is out of options after this season. C: Jansen 1b: Vlad 2b: Schneider SS: Bo 3b: Possible internal competition of Barger and Orelvis though I suspect this will be filled externally for a glove first stop gap LF: ? - must not be brain dead defensively or on the bases. Would really help to hit left handed with actual power. CF: Varsho RF: Springer DH: Horwitz Bench: Kirk Biggio Clement Backup OF who can play passable CF Rule 5 possible adds: Macko, Lantigua, White(if eligible - see above), there’s a bunch more but these 3 are the most likely imo.
  4. Yeah for sure, guess we’re going for a blackout.
  5. Yup. Lots of singles? Check Bad results with RISP? Check No power to be seen from anyone? Check. Multiple 400 foot outs to CF? Check. Inexcuseable baserunning errors at key times? Check Bingo!
  6. We’ll see how it goes, he has command issues at the best of times and that finger might lead to him hitting the bull.
  7. 1 extra base hit in 2 games. But still the idiots talk about small ball and moving runners…up the middle…go the other way. That’s how you get 1 run over two games, praying for babip luck.
  8. Yeah I don’t really get that at all.
  9. Come on dude, obvious troll is obvious. Easiest guy to block ever
  10. Lol. All ya can do is laugh at this point 3 straight hits and no runs. But yeah, let's keep preaching small ball and staying up the middle, going the other way
  11. 402 foot flyout from Chappy oncoming?
  12. That could be. Ive only seen him throw once so I can't match up the eye test with the data yet
  13. Id still like to see the walks get under more control. 5.6 BB/9 at AA this season. I have some doubts that he would survive at the MLB level right away. Stuff is nasty no doubt but the control of that stuff is not there yet IMO
  14. Talent wise... maybe but he'd have to get to near 100 inning this season if they truly thought he could pitch in the rotation next season no? Even with a few more starts in the AFL he'll be lucky to top 70. I suppose it would be doable with a dedicated piggyback kind of situation but next season his max would be 100-110 at the upper limit.
  15. I think the ump was pretty lax on calling low strikes consistently too, that didn’t help. That’s anecdotal though I’ll have to wait and see what the scorecard says
  16. I’ll wait for the ump scorecard but it seems like the bottom of the zone was not being called.
  17. Yeah but it’s the 8th inning, you can’t really give up an out even if you’re just trying to hit the ball the other way on the ground. They have to be thinking of cashing him in from 2nd. Bo just had the single worst PA of the season at a terrible time.
  18. If someone takes that comment as unwelcoming, they going to have a very disappointing life
  19. Belt would be nice hitting 5th. Too bad he has to hit 2nd
  20. Side note, not challenging that play at the plate with Bo was a wrong decision.
  21. Owned by 1 hitter. The rest were trash the whole game long
×
×
  • Create New...