Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

John_Havok

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,419
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    25

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by John_Havok

  1. I'm trying to picture that DP happening with Vlad at 3rd and Horwitz at 2b...I'm having trouble seing it completed.
  2. Holy god...and IF with Horwitz at 2b, vlad at 3rd, Bichette at SS and Turner at first? So much for IF defense being a priority
  3. AA will claim him and he'll find his power stroke overnight and be a 5 fWAR monster by next season. Tampa is another team that would jump at a high floor guy
  4. I would have turfed Vogelbach, as much as Biggio is a let down with the bat, his defensive utility and speed make him a far better option for a bench role. Horwitz is maybe a league average bat, with below average everything else. All they did was get slower and less versatile defensively with another 1b/DH. I don't care where they've been trying him at AAA, he's not a 2b. 131 PA for Biggio, still put up .5 fWAR. Total 1761 PA, 6.5 fWAR. He's not a nothing burger, but hes sure not what you thinkmof as a league aevrage regular either. As much as I dislike watching him hit, this team will miss his skillet if Horwitz hasnt taken a very big leap in the game power department
  5. I was going to mention this also, it's the same with Vlad. Overall pull rate might be similar to 2021 last year but it was mostly groundballs. This year, highest groundball rate of his career, lowest pull rate of his career. I'm not sure but it seems awfully coincidental that his damage against fastballs is also garbage. Whatever approach is being preached to him, it's completely df***ing wrong for a guy with his power ability. He should be looking inner half fastballs to put into the LF seats, instead, the only HRs he hits are hanging breaking balls that anyone could hit out and hangers really don't come around that often.
  6. Yeah, it's just truly boring to watch
  7. They're all the same people.who said "if healthy, the Yankees could be great"
  8. 75th percentile sprint speed. Speed is the one tool he actually has.
  9. Nothing would be sweeter than walking off Pigf***er McGee 2.0
  10. With IKF at 2b and Turner at 1b This has to fall in the "just to do something different" file because it's objectively pretty dumb.
  11. Some pressure on Kikuchi tomorrow. Need him going 6 minimum, 7 would be nice.
  12. An even worse plate approach than Vlad and about 10% of the talent. It's just nauseating watching him just take crushable pitches on pitch 1 and watching strike 3 so often.
  13. Pretty uncharacteristic for KK to put a garbage throw like that out there.
  14. I'm qualifying my yes in that I think the blue should have been been brighter. Darker blue on black doesn't give enough contrast. I like the red though, it pops nicely, especially with the red sleeves
  15. So much relies on current roster guys bouncing back regardless. Impact trades are there...I don't really care at this point which prospects get dealt as virtually none look like true impact talent, but some have the right tools to be interesting to the right seller. There's no Soto-esque deals that's for sure though unless he gets really creative.
  16. I feel the same, but at the same time there's definitely moves to be made that can help this season without compromisng the future. I'm not sure exactly what those moves are, but they are out there.
  17. That's what I thought you. What's Soto supposed to do there to not get called out for interference. Rip back to the bg so fast and then round it back the 1b side? Very bad umpire interpretation there.
  18. Kinda like he might be compensating for a slight injury A strikeout and 3 rockets given up, luckily only 1 left the yard 100.6, 107.3 (HR) and 107.2.
  19. Romano looks hurt. He was grabbing his left side a bit
  20. The absolute best of the Negro leagues for sure would have been stars in MLB, but to say that the overall skill in the Negro Leagues was on par with MLB is doubtful. More likely the Negro Leagues were a lot like early early MLB where the best guys were so far ahead of the worst players that they stood out way more.
  21. Best call of his career
  22. I like the design but the colour's just don't pop on the front. I like the sleeves with the red and blue, but the dark blue city skyline on black with like faded orange lettering just doesn't stand out enough. Should have used the same red from the sleeves and hat on the lettering, and given the skyline more detail with a brighter colour. Any more than 5 feet away it's just a blue smudge
  23. Just ran an arbitrary cutoff date of May5th to present... Schneider basically is using all the hottest hitters in this lineup with 2 exceptions. Kirk and KK should be in over Clement and Biggio, but then we'd have a real defensive problem trying to get Vogelbach and Jansen/Kirk at the DH spot. If you really wanted to shoehorn them all in there and say f*** the defense...you'd move Vlad to third, IKF to the OF, Schneider at 2b, Vogelbach to 1st and DH Jansen.
  24. Mainly trying to say that the reason you crater snt a loss of batspeed when you're still roughly league average. I highly doubt he was anywhere near where Vlad currently is even at his best. IF we assume that he's lost even 1 mph on average batspeed that would be a factor, but it wouldn't explain the crater. Like you said it's likely a change in approach needed. He's late on virtually every fastball, that doesn't happen with league average bat speed, that happens when your approach/timing is bad.
  25. His batspeed is just slightly below major league average and still 75th percentile speed.
×
×
  • Create New...