Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Laika

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    38,553
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    90

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Laika

  1. I don't think they would care as much about the lines specifically at this point of the year. Like last year, if they suck they will firesale and dip under all relevant tax thresholds (probably).
  2. I wasn't big on signing this player but I don't hate the number. Lower AAV than Christian Walker. Two more years but he is like four years younger than Walker. Lower AAV than Teoscar. Again, two more years but he is a couple years younger than Hernandez. Joc Pederson just got the same AAV as a hard platoon DH...
  3. Well yes but you have to proportionately spread their CBT penalties across their entire payroll so no
  4. Yes, he's old and barely pitched. But he was decent when he did pitch. If you assume Pivetta and Flaherty will not sign pillow contracts, and Clayton Kershaw is a Dodger or not pitching, then here are the sort of viable SP who might sign a one year deal: Scherzer Heaney Hart (KBO guy) Lynn Gibson Quintana Flexen Corbin Stripling I would guess that Heaney and Kyle Hart want multi-year deals still. I would also guess that half of this list is replacement level in 2025. So, easy to see the appeal of Scherzer. He might be the only SP on a one year deal who could give a team 2.5+ WAR and start a playoff game.
  5. But it's just so ostensibly stupid that I think there must be some angle we haven't discussed. Did Cleveland not have this money committed to anybody? Maybe since Toronto failed to sign Sasaki they intend to spend it on IFAs that Cleveland was going to sign? I dunno bros
  6. Sad Santander is not a big move unfortunately
  7. Objectively speaking what is $2M in international money worth? Looking at the draft, pick #46 has a bonus cap of $2M and I found an article from 5 years ago that says pick #46 in the draft has a present day surplus value of $6.6M (above the bonus you have to pay the player). So it was/is worth something like that. I know the draft and international scene are not directly comparable but let's just say we can directly do it just to estimate. This means Toronto got $3.75M plus something worth $6.6M ($10.35M total value) in order to assume a contract committing $14.75M to Myles Straw, who doesn't even have to be given a 40 man spot. Okay, there Ross. I did the explaining for you again, you loser. Obviously this assumes Toronto can spend the money appropriately on actual international prospects...
  8. Class of the league with no hardware? Pfffft
  9. But aren't there guys like Harrison Bader and MAT just sitting there in FA? Kike Hernandez?
  10. If the Dodgers top three have signed with other clubs... are those other clubs not signing certain choice prospects? Must be some trickle down
  11. Well, there are pop up international players from time to time. They could wait for one. lmao Ross you f***ing idiot Somehow he made the worst possible outcome even worse.
  12. Ross is excited about the possibility of giving himself a chance to think about potentially making it a realistic scenario in which he ends his own life
  13. Ross frantically texting BNS after the Dodgers got Sasaki. "BennnnNnnn!!!! Launch the Tony Taters rumours please bro send the tweeeeeet!"
  14. Ross just looked at his Steamer/600 of 0.8 WAR and then went to baseballtradevalues.com for a consultation $5M AAV is solid!
  15. Man I hope someone in the media grills Atkins on the Straw trade. Rosie DiManno style.
  16. Ross has a healthy work life balance. He probably just popped on the latest 10% Happier podcast and cracked another can of raspberry Bubbly.
  17. Isn't going to play? Have you met Ross Atkins? Straw's o/u on plate appearances is probably a solid 300
  18. Good, f*** those dudes
  19. Actual salary cap International draft
  20. I mean they took on a bad contract to get a $2M international prospect. Something a rebuilding team with money should do anyway. I guess. Way to go Ross...
  21. Trading for Myles Straw and international money in this context is UNFORGIVABLE I HATE RUSS ATKINS SO FING MUCH
×
×
  • Create New...