Orioles are still a good lineup despite the bad year
Orioles LHB are a bad matchup for Berrios and Bassitt
Jays were likely to have a come-down after the bigger series that preceded this
Orioles are better than their record, probably. By true talent
The weather is gross
All of this lined up to be a gross series. It's too bad that Hoffman blew the last game; I would have been happy with a split.
My biggest disappointment is that the Jays could only trot out a Lucas and Estrada piggy back for game 1 yesterday. That's just not a very competitive offering on the bump.
I agree with Mr. Grant that some of the performance has been frustrating. Maybe some lack of preparation from Bassitt or Berrios but honestly who knows. They could have just not had it vs. a decent lineup. Some bad offensive performances too, situationally, by certain players.
The Angels buying is interesting
Makes the last WC spot that much more competitive
Did not expect to see Carlos Correa's name show up in talks. Still lots of $$ left on that.
I am not worried about Hoffman's skills at all, as far as the term of the contract is concerned.
I am mildly worried about his mental game and maybe the command he has of his pitch mix being consistent enough this season. But that's super anecdotal fan stuff.
It is hard to imagine trading for a CLOSER and bumping him down. Much easier to tell a guy like Bednar that he is setting up than it is to tell the big money free agent that you are demoting them. And it doesn't matter IMO. If they get a "1B" reliever the pen is improved regardless of which inning he pitches.
I'm also surprised Bloss is still on there.
Nimmala, Parker, Teidemann, Yesavage, Stephen, King, Rojas, Stanifer, could all be on the top 100 lists next season or at some time during 2026.
Cleveland is a gross dirty organization full of cheapskate gambling addicts.
They love mediocre fringe talents like Loperfido. xwOBA and BABIP be damned.
I think they would do this if they could cash Loperfido in (either in this trade or another trade). That opens up the lineup spot.
Lukes becomes a bench player once Varsho is back.
Roden stays in AAA or gets traded. Santander is a see you in 2026 dude. Cooked for 2025.
Double header in Baltimore with a heat warning in effect.
This is going to be a disgusting day so if the more disgusting team (hint: orange) wins one or two of these, don't cry too much.
I like how the articles quotes Mariano Rivera's career earnings and says if Clase matches that the shares return like 20% on investment, lifetime.
I wonder if the firms/brokers involved will suffer SEC repercussions.
The Dominican native is in the midst of selling a portion of his future baseball income to people who buy shares of his stock, which is being sold at $12 apiece. The offering can raise as much as $3.6 million in exchange for as many as 300,000 shares in a sale structured by Finlete Funding, a San Diego-based startup focusing onathlete income-sharing deals. In exchange for the money upfront, Clase will return 3% of his future global baseball earnings to investors.
LOL so he has to make another $200M in order for investors to turn $12 per share into $20?
I wonder how many shares he sold. Hopefully none.