Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Laika

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    38,553
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    90

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Laika

  1. I'm not sure if there are any "good" 2B out there, but there are definitely names. Logan Forsythe, maybe? Danny Espinosa? Ackley is still kind of a pipe-dream buy low, I suppose. I would be all for getting Brendan Ryan on the cheap and telling Reyes to play 2B. Not happening though, and I wouldn't be interested in playing Ryan at 2B. I'm not exactly worried about Melky, yet. It still looks like he can really, really hit the baseball (for AVG). Hopefully once he gets some power back in his hammies, the pop and the D will tick up.
  2. Rasmus is confounding the issue by playing better than expected (so far). He's reeled in the strikeout rate and he's already at 2 WAR after just 65 games. He could tap the production brakes a bit and still have a 4 win season. Of course, I guess we're all kind of expecting him to slump hard in the 2nd half again. If I was at the helm, I'd have half a mind to go into 2014 with Rasmus the nominal CF and Gose on the bench. Bautista and Melky are both rapidly losing their range and the health of their legs. And on top of that, Rasmus is a flake. Having a guy like Gose right there on the 25 man, ready to step in and chase balls down, would be pretty key. Trading Rasmus or Gose for a 2B is also a viable route though. Then you could just sign a guy like Chris Young, and make him your 4th OF and full time player against LHP (DH or CF platoon)
  3. Am wondering what type of SP Brandon Belt could land me. Not necessarily selling, but if you're interested in Belt, send me an offer.
  4. Adam Lind has recovered remarkably from his Wonder Bread addiction
  5. Used to play hockey with this guy http://www.baseball-reference.com/minors/player.cgi?id=reeves004mic
  6. This thread is retarded, but since we're playing this game - where are all the f*** faced idiots that thought Josh Johnson was still a front end pitcher? Extend JJ!!!
  7. Was going to go young and younger with two position players, but decided at the last minute to pop some upper minors arms in Ramirez and Ranaudo. They're just lottery tickets, but Ranaudo seems to have figured something out. Them and Stroman/Bauer might be able to help me in 2014 when I go for a repeat championship.
  8. small. f***ing. sample size. And NOBODY worth their weight in dog s*** wanted Cecil or Rasmus gone. Everybody wanted to see how Cecil would do in the pen. This is exactly when a shrewd GM would sell high as f*** on Lindy. Sell sell sell. His BABIP is like, .400.
  9. OMGz, he got Happ'd. And you rebuked my trade offer for him like, yesterday.
  10. This is probably just Porcello working on his most elaborate tease ever. He'll spin 140+ innings of brilliant baseball, and then PORCELLO all over No49's face during the fantasy playoffs, plummeting his K/9 to 6.99 in the process.
  11. He pitched like garbage for the first few weeks. That plus his track record of being poopy was enough to effectively squash all optimism. And then all of a sudden he's a studly stud.
  12. I dropped him in the dynasty league, that's what happened. He must have been mad about it.
  13. Jesus f***ing christ. It's 5 in the morning. We're dumn.
  14. It's possible that you got f***ed doing that one thing, but it strikes me as equally likely that your injury was the product of a couple decades of stress + bad form and improper personal safety practices / workplace safety oversight. It's all bollocks, either way. I hope you get healthy enough to move freely and enjoy life fully again. Never mind work.
  15. Have you sought a second opinion from anyone yet?
  16. So I'm guessing you weren't even formally employed by this guy, and you couldn't collect workers comp or anything.... Are you on EI / disability right now?
  17. What were the specifics of your injury? How did it happen exactly and what did you break? (I know the general info. f***ed up your back on the site, right?)
  18. You should be snarky but nice. It's possible. Ask thehurl. Are you working again? How's your back these days?
  19. jackwagon.... stick a thumb up yer bum! crabcakes, bicycles, and wenches. Or, sorry, what I supposed to say was canned tuna
  20. You're talking about my PL team? If so, that team legitimately bugs the s*** out of me. It's the worst team that I've ever assembled in any league, ever. I expect to finish in the bottom half.
  21. Chris Sale is filthy. One of my absolute favourite pitchers to watch. I love guys that smash the theory induced blindness of archaic baseball. Guy was supposed to be a reliever and have his arm fall off. Now he's a legit Ace, and the only question left is the long term health. I'd love to see him throw down a few 200 IP years in a row. Such a shame that Chapman has never been given a chance to start.... it actually makes me kind of sad *tear
  22. A wonderful sell high, but The Cats Ass' pitching corps is getting perilously close to the frowned upon "tanking" territory.
  23. catsass is up in the (slow) draft 50 Got Head For Miles 51 Triple Hawpe Brewed! 52 Triple Hawpe Brewed! 53 Georgia Peach 54 B. Inge Drinking 55 A Wrench In The Plan 56 Triple Hawpe Brewed! 57 B. Inge Drinking 58 ISO Horny 59 B. Inge Drinking 60 BALCO Pharm Team
×
×
  • Create New...