Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

leaffie

Verified Member
  • Posts

    781
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by leaffie

  1. The announcer said before he came up. What are they going to do with Alonzo. I said it out loud Walk him. So someone gets a hit behind him, it is still tied, but if he gets a hold of one, Milwaukee is losing. And that is exactly what happened. The yankee series will be very interesting. Neither Judge nor Soto should see a pitch if they come up with someone on base.
  2. What is wrong with these managers that they just wont walk the one guy that can hurt them
  3. Tigers and Braves. Anybody except Yankees
  4. This year is the worst. One of the largest payrolls, a farm system that is empty. And worst of all a very bleak future. We really have nothing to trade that is going to bring back young exciting players. So when will this team realistically be in contention again?
  5. [quote Your grandson is at the age where memories like this will stick with him. Good stuff! You are absolutely right. The place was electric with Jays fans and even though they lost,it was a very good game. Typical Jays offence, but BEST of all, my granddaughter caught a foulball off vladdy, my grandsons favourite. The whole row behind us was very large young men and in the midst of them she stuck up her hand and caught it. It was honestly amazing and my grandson was so excited, words cant describe. She gave the ball to Elliott. It was so special he or she will never forget it. And now he has a ball hit by Vladdy. And that is why I love baseball.
  6. i am in Seattle for the games and it is crawling with Jays fans. Most that I have spoken to say the same thing. They would not be here if they hadnt bought the tickets early. Never seen such a dismal team. Tried to sell their tickets but no one wanted them. Most disappointed they have ever been in team. HATE shatkins. And in my case, while agreeing with all, I am old and probably wont be around to see a turn around. I hate shatkins, because there is NO hope, the farm is a wasteland, and they should have never been hired. But I have a 7 year old grandson that is so excited and I am hoping that this trip will solidify the love of baseball in him. And I wait with bated breath for the powers that be to fire shatkins forever and the sooner the better.
  7. Oh Spanky, dont you give up. You are our last hope that they were going to turn this awful year around.
  8. Well that went south in a hurry
  9. I hate being negative and as stated, there was always something to be excited about. I saw the first game and just about every one in between. Even when the team stunk, there was always hope. Hope of improvement, hope for the farm team , hope they would finally make the playoffs. And while there were disappointments, I was always a Jays fan and there was always something to keep me watching, or attending. This team was built by a group that did exactly the same thing in Cleveland, fixed the park and lost the fanbase because they did not know how to build a winner. The worst part of this year is there is no hope. Olerud is correct, this is the most dismal team the Jays have ever fielded.
  10. Good god, this is so difficult to watch
  11. Not me and I said it at time, and there were a few others. I couldnt stand Shapiro, thought he was an arrogant SOB That kicked AA out the door
  12. He has been asked that question numerous times and he never denies it, just waltzes around the question.
  13. Another question might be, if they keep Shapiro etal, what is it that they will do to improve this team? They arrived with lots of fancy speeches about a wave of talent and it has not shown up. What will they do that is different to improve the drafting and development of the farm system. If they havent been able to achieve these things in the past, what makes anyone think they are capable. So they wait two more years and give it another try, how will this improve the team, with ageing, declining assets. I believe Shapiro is gone at the end of his contract anyway. Shapiro has bigger ambitions, than little old Toronto.
  14. Wow a break for the Jays
  15. Wow has he ever lost a lot of weight
  16. Firstly, qualifying for the post season now is easier than in the Jp era. This is not just a lack of RECENT post season success. Making an expanded playoff and getting booted out without winning a single game with one of the highest payrolls is not any type of success. The jays have done nothing in the Shapiro Era except disappoint.
  17. I have never understood the adoration of Shapiro and Atkins. Shapiro did a remake of the stadium in Cleveland and when it was finished, attendance peaked and fell each year after. His team made it to the playoffs once. And they played in the central. He comes to TO with lofty promises and has certainly rebuilt Rogers centre. So what, the team managed to get to the playoffs and was bounced out in humiliating fashion. When he arrived, there was a core of young good players. Where has their success been. Who is drafting and who is in the minors that gives this team hope. Tiedemann,who is always injured. We have no one down there that could be traded to help this team. And to top it off, the Jays have one of the top payrolls. This team cannot hit this year, and couldnt hit last year. Bo looks like he is praying for a trade and Vladdy just looks lost. The Shapiro era is a total failure and is worse than the JP era. Fire Shatkins and let someone else rebuild this team. Waiting for another year accomplishes nothing. Shatkins has had 9 years, he doesn't deserve another year.
  18. I know what each of their jobs entail, but after they are both finally fired, it will come out how much Shapiro actually had to do with trades, hires etc. if you read anything of his tenure in Cleveland, nothing happened without Shapiro being involved. He didnt come to Toronto to have less control
  19. Sorry, but this started last june. I havent gone back and counted, but I think they lost 13 or 14 games last year by one run. This year they are losing by much bigger margins. Everyone knows this team is not improving. This is not just “oh well it is just a slump. The players on this team are not capable of turning this around, and there is not much coming in the minors. And this year I thought surely they would fix the offence, so the day the Mariners tickets came on sale for early buyers I spent $2800 on tix to take the kids and grands to see the jays. My grandson who is 7 loves Vladdy and the Jays and I promised I would take him to see him. Sorry to rant and usually I just read, but today has finally pushed me over the edge. I never for one minute thought they would go with the same team. NEVER
  20. This is not about Schneider. This is about Shapiro and Atkins. They have built this team. When they had great offense a few years ago, they had a terrible bullpen. Took them two years to fix that. Then they lose in the playoffs because of their terrible defense, so they fix that by sacrificing offence. So now this is year two of a terrible offensive team and they did nothing to fix it. Under Shapiro’s reign with Cleveland he managed toget a team to win the central ONCE. He was a terrible hire, he was a big fish in a little pond and I hated the hire then, and nine or ten years later, I hate it even more. I never thought I would say this, but I hope the Jays continue to lose and all those lovely new seats with cupholders are empty and finally Rogers will step in and fire the lot.
  21. And DONT let the crew that put together this mess anywhere near the rebuild.
  22. Now that made me laugh out loud
  23. She is there, kind of off to the right when looking at home plate
  24. Thanks. I do remember him. I am probably one of the few that feels badly for Manoah.
×
×
  • Create New...