Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

leaffie

Verified Member
  • Posts

    781
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by leaffie

  1. Has anyone seen another pitcher with such promise fall off like this.
  2. AA has had success both in TO and the Braves. Shapiro, longevity in Cleveland and TO, with very little success to speak of. The answer is always that AA stepped into a team with a great future and farm system and he would not have success once he had used someone else’s draft picks. But he has signed their stars to undervalue long-term deals, won a world series, and has a top rated team again. Shapiro has not signed any long term young stars. Maybe he will be proven right on Guerrero, but Bo should have been signed. I get the feeling Bo didnt sign because it was never offered. Doesnt matter, shapiro is an executive worrying about putting butts in seats. The wave of young talent never arrived, forcing the team to keep upping the payroll, and now 9 years later, we are hoping for luck and a resurgence from Ageing players. I dont mind missing playoffs, if you can see a path and a plan forward. But where is the plan. I saw the first game they ever played, have lived through JP years, watched thousands of games, and this is the most disappointed I have ever been. Whoever they hire to replace Shatkins has their work cut out for them.
  3. He did choose to leave, but that was after Rogers had already offered Shapiro the presidents job with the final say on everything. Word was that Rogers had already decided to fire AA back in July and then they started their run to the playoffs, so now Rogers had a problem, so they offered him a contract, and then pretended they were sorry to see him leave to cover their butts. No way AA would stay and work for Shapiro under those conditions.
  4. I will be thrilled to be proven wrong. But the team as it stands now, is an unlikeable, underachieving mess, and it was put together by a management group that doesnt know what it is doing. And if I am wrong, I will gladly buy you Swiss Chalet gift card.
  5. If there had been a real effort to improve the offence, I would go along with that, but telling fans it was just bad luck and everyone would improve was just not going to cut it.
  6. This is so difficult to watch, because you just know what this entire season is going to be like. Last year was the worst year I ever remember watching, and now we are getting it again, probably even worse.
  7. He is also a young guy who has had no father in his life, to help him when he struggled. He has had nothing but success And was treated quite differently than most rookies. He was miked up at the all star game for the first time, he was given the starting game by the Jays, when he shouldnt have had it. He was treated as “special” and like a lot of young men,he couldnt handle it. If he comes back this year with no improvement, then fine he wont be the first. But all this fat slob, and nasty criticism Shows more about the posters than it does about him.
  8. Fangraphs had them 23 and pipeline had them 25.
  9. Every site I checked had them ranked 23 or 25. Far cry from what was promised and not like they traded away anyone that affected the ranking except Moreno that was a top tier.
  10. I dont think fans expect miracles, but they would like to see progression. Our payroll is probably at max or due for some regression, our farm system is in the bottom five in mlb, we have failed miserably in the playoffs and we are now facing another season where we are HOPING, for improvement from players that are another year older. We have no young players signed to long term contracts and will surely lose the ones we have for next to nothing. I would not be signing Bellinger, and Chappy could be an option if his price came down. Unfortunately, this team’s in a box, and there is going to have to be a complete start over and I just hope that Atkins has nothing to do with it. I would imagine Atkins is going to try one more time with status quo because he has no choice. Like all baseball fans you start the off season with the hope that your team improves. Last year was the worst most frustrating Jays team I can ever remember watching, and so far this off season isnt giving fans much hope for next year.
  11. Someone should tell Atkins what is missing is OFFENSE
  12. Merry Christmas one and all.
  13. To be fair, T.O. Gave it their best shot. They didnt get him and it is time to move on. We have heard every minute detail, from his couch surfing, to the name of his dog, to every single detail about his contract. Who cares. Time for Atkins to make some kind of move to improve the Blue Jays.
  14. My first thought, was oh s***. The second was I hope he falls down the stairs and breaks his leg. Then I thought, how awful to think like that. Give the Jays credit, they gave it their all, but there are better ways to spend $700 million.
  15. Got tix yesterday for Mariners Jays in July. Havent been for a few years, but promised to take my grandson to his first game. He is 7 and so excited. But presale started at noon and by 12:30 had difficulty getting tix together. Kids and grands all going, but Jays fans are obviously still going to be flocking to Seattle.
  16. Really, you got up this early, learned how to use capitals, to add that to the conversation. Go away little boy.
  17. very first mlb game I ever saw was in Boston. I was just a little girl and fell in love with baseball and have loved the game ever since.
  18. Best game so far in playoffs.
  19. I dont attack anyone for their opinion. And I have never expected or predicted my team to win the WS. But it is not unreasonable to expect a management group that were given lots of assets and payroll to produce. They have had lots of years and now lots of excuses. This team was a mess from the start. Couldnt hit worth a damn and what I do expect is the men in charge to try to do something, and they did nothing and took no responsibility for their errors. Perhaps this year might be the one, who knows. But when so far all they have done is scapegoat each other, to me it doesnt hold out much hope. But I will move on and hope that this will be the year that they win a playoff game. How is that for prognostication talents.
  20. I didnt want him hired, wanted him fired. But didnt get my wish. But what will be the excuse next year. How many years should fans be expected to support a team that has a very good payroll and yet never gets it done. I have made my point and said very early on that this team was going nowhere and they lived up to expectations. I hope that Shatkins etal are so embarrassed, that they somehow right this ship. But my last remaining point on this subject, is what free agent will want to come into this mess?
  21. His speech was halting, like he couldnt find his words. His left eye was blinking separate from his right Looked confused.
  22. I was thinking he looked like he was having a stroke.
  23. Yes, that is what I meant 2021. But to me it staggers the imagination that he has gone from An mvp candidate with 48 HRs to what we saw this year. Perhaps there were injuries and then he over compensated, but most times, he looked lost. I hope he does come back, but management should not be using his possible resurgence, to fix the offensive problems with this team.
×
×
  • Create New...