Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Stangstag

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    28,886
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    26

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Stangstag

  1. I can 100% see Tapia hitting leadoff for a month if Springer goes down
  2. I don’t think anyone is implying that. We’re just talking about the fact that if Tapia is his replacement, we just made the 2022 team slightly worse.
  3. It’ll happen in the first week of the season.
  4. Possible, too bad we couldn’t have signed Schwarber. The ideal move would be a good defensive CF with a league average bat
  5. I agree. If Springer goes down again the OF looks real ugly. We have no replacement that can play CF everyday.
  6. Yeah same… i’d be pissed. He’s probably throwing his gear at the wall right now. Upside is he could put up big homerun numbers at Coors and get himself a second payday before he retires
  7. Oh shittt he gone lol. Honestly I think he complimented the roster well as a 4th OF, not a fan of Tapia at all. I’d say we need a better 4th OF now unless they think Pelacios and Biggio are enough
  8. He very well might be Stroman 2.0 Just as annoying on social media, making up his own hashtags… MANOAHDRIVEN
  9. This. Love him and his attitude, but corner OF bats are probably easiest to replace.
  10. I’d probably swap one of the Bullpen arms for Mallex Smith or Pelacios. Probably Smith, another backup CF would be good + he can pinch run.
  11. We probably could, but do we want to? Good teams replace their older guys with younger, less expensive options. Groshans/Orelvis/Moreno/etc. Of those guys, Bo probably ages least gracefully considering his wild swing style and the fact he’s already sub-par at SS. Probably makes most sense to sign Vlad, I could see him playing 1B for at least another 10-15 years. Teo would probably be fine too as a RF/DH option if the cost is right. But corner OF types are the easiest to sign in free agency so im not sure it should be a priority/overpay.
  12. Lol wasn’t there an article like 2 days ago where they were saying the rule would be around for a while and they wouldn’t grant exceptions? Idiots
  13. Punchable face, but sure his skillset fits
  14. Bullpen could still suck and tank the team, a repeat of last year
  15. Ooooh you’re so edgy dude
  16. Why though? If 9 innings isn’t enough to decide a winner lets just start the rule in the 10th. I don’t get the whole argument of “i’d be fine if they waited til the 11th/12th to start the runner on 2nd. f*** that. There’s 162 games a year. 1458 innings played. I won’t complain about free baseball but I also won’t complain about players wanting games to end quickly after 9 innings.
  17. I sat inside a closed dome on Canada and watched 19 innings of a 1-1 game which then resulted in a loss. I wish I could say it was a fun 6 hours, but it was miserable sitting in there after the 10th. But I personally never leave early because there’s always the chance for a walk-off
  18. His comment is correct?
  19. He's a vocal anti-vaxer so I doubt we'd sign him
  20. There’s still millions of fans absolutely furious about the DH coming to the NL. We’ve had it for years and it’s been just fine, and you could argue its a more significant change to the original rules of the game when compared to the new extra innings rule. It’ll be ok people.
  21. I forgot we started the season with Zeuch and Roark in the rotation. Ooof.
  22. Nice, don’t wanna have players worried about arbitration hearings during the season.
  23. Tis but a flesh wound
  24. Are you really expecting Matt Chapman to be such a negative asset in 2022 that we would want to drop him in 2023? I don’t see it
×
×
  • Create New...