Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Stangstag

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    28,886
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    26

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Stangstag

  1. Yeah this could be the jist of it too
  2. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Zaidi out sometime during 2023 (either before or after the season)
  3. This. An MLB-ready lefty OF or close to ready OF prospect would be acceptable IMO. Need outfielders this season and beyond
  4. I like it, good for him. Judge honestly seems like a good guy, not a full of himself douche like Jeter
  5. Same. Just want to see Cohen to throw a hissy fit and whine on Twitter. You can’t just buy championships these days
  6. Yes I am wondering if this is the case
  7. Honestly expecting Zaidi to step away/go to another team either this year or next. That Correa contract seemed like a huge mistep and I feel shows a disconnect between ownership and FO. Or Correa’s body is actually f***ed and Cohen is just a dumbass
  8. He has a stronger arm than Lindor/McNeil so it makes most sense to put him at 3rd
  9. Holy s*** lol
  10. Gurriel has been here for years. He’s gotta be the longest-tenured player on the team at this point I think?
  11. This post is extremely confusing. Are we looking at the same Conforto?? Also how does signing Conforto make any difference for Moreno? I don’t get it
  12. AL East ballparks are a lot better for popping an extra 5-10 homers compared to the West, so that could be a factor. Plus we have a much better lineup overall. Toronto is probably a better place to sign if he wants a 1 year deal to build value. You don’t need to look any further than the Semien scenario.
  13. Trade 1 is realistic but feels like an overpay for us. Wouldn’t want to do that one IMO. Trade 2 seems kinda fair, maybe an overpay on AZ side?
  14. Yup. Springer/KK will likely be injured at some point this season, in which case Conforto/Gurriel play the corners every day.
  15. Do we go balls out for Devers this offseason if he doesn’t re-sign with Boston? I guess the Yankees would probably be involved too.
  16. I think Mitch White is going to surprise a lot of people this year. Even his projections are not bad. He’s basically Stripling 2 years ago
  17. I definitely watched. He was jekyll/hyde much like Berrios was, except Kikuchi’s bad starts were more like… walk 3 batters each inning. He actually had a handful of great starts, including a couple against the Yankees. Anyways my statement still stands that 4 of 5 rotation spots are locked in for the foreseeable future. I don’t expect Berrios to be as bad as he was in 2022
  18. Yeah of all areas on the team, the rotation is the one where 4 out of 5 spots are locked in with above-average guys for several years. The rotation is pretty set
  19. Next year is gonna be a tough offseason. Need to add/replace 2 everyday outfielders and an everyday 3B. Would be nice if we could fill one of those outfield spots before the season begins.
  20. Just to play devil’s advocate here, I think a lot of us maybe underestimate the value of game-calling and starters having rapport with the staff. Maybe Kirk can’t catch more than like twice a week. Maybe the team isn’t comfortable with having a rookie catcher (Moreno) getting the majority of starts in a contending year. On paper, Kirk/Moreno is an excellent duo but maybe there’s an aspect that can’t quantified that we are overlooking. Siddall has more catching experience than all of us combined and he’s with the team daily.
  21. While he did have a few mental lapses, I think people are confusing “lackadaisical play” with Teo playing through injury. For the entire last month + he was playing on a foot with a bad bone bruise and probably should have been DHing full time, except Springer was also in the same kind of situation with his elbow.
  22. Lol this is dumb. I floated the idea of a Happ/Jansen trade, but that’s an overpay on our side. Tbh Jansen+Ryu for Happ + something could be interesting.
  23. Sucks that he was absolutely useless. Even as a bullpen arm.
×
×
  • Create New...