Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Stangstag

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    28,886
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    26

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Stangstag

  1. I really can't see Vlad being traded before the season starts, but I could believe the contract rumor.
  2. Fair enough, but I will maintain that having an elite offense with bad D is a much more enjoyable product than crap O with elite D. The Yankees had neither. 2 elite guys in Judge and Soto sure, but a bunch of wildcards for the other 7. And I think the Jays definitely still have a "fundamentals" issue similar to the Yanks with bad base-running choices and defensive brainfarts. Also fairly weak D at a very important position (SS)
  3. Joe Kelly firing some nasty shots at the Yankees lol
  4. Would be a nice guy to sign, he can cover 3B/2B for 2025 and then take over as SS when Bo leaves. This FO loves positional versatility so I could see it.
  5. The way it works is the Yankees can now enforce an option for a 5th year to make the contract 5/180. DeGrom signed for 5/185 so 5/180 is reasonable
  6. I’ll do my best. Already made a few trades, felt I had a wealth of starting pitching and wanted to start looking to the future. Definitely need to do more about the bullpen, Saves/Holds are lacking. Excited for the draft to see who I can nab with #10
  7. It would be more correct to say the Ohtani contract looks more like 20/700
  8. Yes it does. its not an opinion but a fact. Ohtani signed for 10/700. The luxury tax hit on that contract should be 70 million per year. Because of the deferrals, the luxury hit is closer to 46 million. That means the Dodgers can spend more money on yearly team payroll without worrying about the harsh penalties as much compared to if they were accounting for 70 million per season in luxury hit. And you can quote present day value and whatever to say that the contract is actually 10/460, but its not. Because the Dodgers will be paying a total of 700 million dollars to Ohtani when all is said and done.
  9. I guess if you look at it that way
  10. I've been hurt too many times. Its draining. - The 14 inning loss to the Rangers - 14-5 beatdown by the Royals - Both Seattle games
  11. He'd probably threaten to drop the his client. Dude is an egomaniac lol
  12. The Ohtani deferrals are absolutely egregious and I doubt we will see another guy be willing to defer that much ever again. Also another good point from David Samson (if you watch that podcast) is that for deferrals, the agent doesn’t get their % until the money is actually paid out. Soto’s agent is Boras… Boras ain’t waiting on deferred commission.
  13. “In my nine professional seasons, I’ve encountered numerous injuries, which led me to search for new ways to overcome the pain. These challenges have taken a toll on me mentally and physically; over time, I’ve realized that my passion for playing the game has shifted,” Kirilloff said in his announcement. “Baseball demands an ‘all-in’ approach, something I’ve brought to every season. However, I can no longer give it the total commitment it requires. I’ve always believed that playing this game requires 110% effort, and anything less would not do justice to my teammates, coaches, fans, or the game itself.” Wow, interesting. Feel bad for the dude. Makes me wonder just how bad the pain is for some of these guys (Lindor, Correa, Stanton, etc.)
  14. Lolwut??
  15. Being the pitcher on the mound to clinch a WS win and getting the final out via K has to be one of the greatest feelings ever. A great career indeed. Winning a second WS before retiring is gravy
  16. The Jays being in the playoffs just adds a certain amount of stress that makes things slightly less enjoyable. And we've been fortunate enough to have those stressful moments for the last several years (2020-2023, yes 2021 was still stressful til the final day). It was kinda nice to have 0 expectations or stakes this October. And there were some absolutely epic games. And the best team won, wasn't a fluke WS like last year with teams that really shouldn't have been there.
  17. Honestly hurts me seeing Teo celebrate with the Dodgers. Im really annoyed that we didn’t bring him back. Have another shot next year for a reunion…
  18. Huh Poor Soto looks legitimately upset. Dude’s gonna get PAID PAID
  19. Now THIS has been a great f***ing game.
  20. Couldn’t have happened to a better guy. Smug asswipe can sit his ass down and think about his mistake over the offseason
  21. This is like the Rangers/Jays 7th inning hahahaha
  22. Very weird statement from Gronk. Did not go over well
×
×
  • Create New...