Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

G-Snarls

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    42,152
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    21

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by G-Snarls

  1. Was my pick for today OK???
  2. I think I've figured out why I'm so "meh" about Gibbons as manager. It's the lackadaisical demeanor he shows all the time. How he walks, talks, etc just seems too relaxed somehow. Yet at the same time I recognize all that really matters is decision making and fostering a good clubhouse where guys want to play hard and win. He probably does both reasonable well. Sometimes the optics just seem off from the outside looking in.
  3. Plus they're BFF. Make the reunion happen. Please. This September in Toronto. Then next April in Buffalo they can keep playing together!!!
  4. Thread merged with Fatcow's late-ass one
  5. With 15.6 Million dollars? I don't think so...
  6. Yes glad the decision is made already so they can focus on bigger issues Still don't love Gibbons as manager but don't hate him either. I just feel very "meh" about it. Always have.
  7. At least Bonifacio won't be (Big grin)
  8. Quotes: "I'm disgusted with the results, like everyone else" "There are things I could do better" "Not going to reveal everything" "It's been a terrible year, I'm resposnsible because I'm the manager" "I didn't cheat anybody. I gave my best effort every night" Has he talked to AA about next year? "...All the time. We have a great relationship... Blah blah blah. Alex will do whatever is necessary to bring a winner to Toronto"
  9. Here it is, interview with Jeff Blair, questions re his management at 4:50: http://pmd.fan590.com/audio_on_demand-3/John-Gibbons-with-Jeff-Blair-jb-20130827-Interview.mp3
  10. Yep. The best manager in MLB history might have eked out 2-3 more wins this year. Still solidly in dead last. You just can't win with s*** starting pitching like this.
  11. Was he a knuckleballer in those seasons?
  12. Anyone hear Gibby on the FAN this morning? Sounds like he's wanting to take a big chunk of blame for the bad season. I've only heard the news hour highlights.
  13. FWIW Jon Heyman at CBS sports pegs Gibby's chance of staying next year at 90%: http://cbsprt.co/15eZVyo
  14. Cause AA lost his mind and outbid the Rangers
  15. Yeah it's bad in every possible way
  16. LOL. I do hope he meant Felix Hernandez...
  17. Bad value yes. But I'd say the majority were legitimately excited about how much better the team was all of a sudden. I count myselves among them and I still say it was a trade worth making. The negatives were the backloaded Reyes and Buerhle contracts and the loss of Escobar's value, but I think we all knew Escobar was leaving no matter what. No one could have predicted how bad of a year Josh Johnson had. Now the Dickey trade? One of the worst in team history.
  18. Sorry I blame Wilner for making it sound like the diagnosis was made 60 seconds ago
  19. Thanks. House had a perfect area for it in the basement. I always multitask while watching games.
  20. Can't figure out why it's upside down...
×
×
  • Create New...