Hint 5: Bobby Valentine chimed in yesterday (I s*** you not) that if the front office for this team had made all these changes for him a year earlier, that he could have gotten them to the playoffs last year. Or something like that. LOL.
BTW, SiriusXM is doing a great job covering baseball today. It's been by far the main focus of discussion every time I've turned on ESPN Radio or Mad Dog. Especially Mad Dog - they've been camped out at Fenway all day, interviewing everybody.
I'm really hoping for good TV ratings this year
Two interesting teams. Likely to go 6 games or more.
Bad football games on Thursday Sunday and Monday nights
Ratings should be better than last year.
Thoughts?
I'll bet he does this series though. There will be a huge spot late in a game at St. Louis, with the pitcher or Salty due up. Farrell will be too tempted and will pinch hit with Napoli or Ortiz. Napoli may have to catch an inning or two.
Edit: Or double switch for their other catcher I suppose
Toughest choice for Farrell - Who plays 1B in St. Louis? Ortiz or Napoli?? Does it depend on opposing pitcher? On defensive needs? It sure hurts not having both in the lineup.
Matheny has it easier. Craig is an easy choice for DH in Boston.
Lots to talk about and would rather have a separate thread instead of relying on around baseball
Post links to stories, news, tweets, announcements here. And predictions if you like.