Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Brownie19

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,074
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    42

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brownie19

  1. Me too - awesomeness.
  2. What you talking about? JD only rubs me the right way - FAP
  3. I love those early, pointless comments like "the guys seem like a good bunch". WTF is that man? Some guys send you a tweet and add you on facebook and suddenly you appoint them "a good bunch of guys"? I know it's media talk, but it's stupid. Just shut up, get to know them and make your own judgement.
  4. Jays rumoured to be interested in Mike Leake and they say AA is "in" on a number of pitchers at his level (ie, not aces). Leake's a solid target, I'd prefer him over Kennedy, as I think a GB pitcher would do better in TO. However, since it's been rumoured, it's unlikely to ever happen. There's been no rumours of AA trading for King Felix - so that's good news.
  5. Would be better with chili in lieu of onions. Make that call the bullpen and I'd devour it in a single sitting.
  6. Give your best hitters the most at bats. Tulo, Donaldson and Jose are my top 3.
  7. Agreed. The thought of giving up a lot of Kimbrel/Ross also makes my stomach turn.
  8. Shields + Haren shouldn't cost Norris at all. Shield's remaining contract is stupid though and may handcuff the Jays for years to come unless Rogers opens up the piggy bank.
  9. Hahaha - that is awesome.
  10. Personally, like most, I enjoyed his energy and I think the team will miss it. However, as a player, I was seemingly disappointed with Reyes. He wasn't/isn't a good hitter and his plummeting OBP made him a poor leadoff hitter for the Jays. While is base running is still above average, he was no longer the SB threat he once was and didn't cause havoc on the field like he once did. He's obviously prone to injury and his defense was, well, bad. I realise he brought positive value to the team and is still good in comparison to the shortstops in baseball (a position which has taken a nose dive in terms of talent lately), but for me, he simply never seemed like a difference maker or someone you could count on. I fully acknowledge my expectations were likely too high. I just hope Tulo doesn't leave a similar sour taste in my mouth.
  11. I find it odd that when talking about AA's highlights, nobody seems to mention the Gose for Travis deal.
  12. I was 12 and I still remember watching the game in our front room by myself (parent's weren't really into it). It was a magical moment - one which likely engrained the love of baseball into my heart forever.
  13. Looks like Zobrist's defense and base running have fallen off a lot this year. Only projected for a 2.5 WAR season right now. That's a big drop off. He's 34 now, so he's moving into the decline stages of his career...
  14. Agreed. It's really good to see the BB% go back to normal levels for Tulo.
  15. You said this in the other thread and I'm still shaking my head. Did I miss the announcement where Norris, Sanchez and Osuna died in a vicious hippy van crash on the 401? Would I like to see us add another solid, proven, middle of the rotation starter? yes, but we have more than 2 options to start next year man......we get Tulo and you still act like a douche.
  16. How on earth has AA managed to deal the contracts of Vernon Wells and Jose Reyes? ninja?
  17. Now deal some B prospects for Ian Kennedy and/or Mat Latos. Keep Norris, Alford, Pompey, SRF. Actually, I'd deal Pompey for Cashner.....He's under control for next year too right?
  18. And they'd play him back at third? They signed LaRoach for 3 years and already have Abreu at 1st. Fail.
  19. I fully expect him to be revitalized by this trade. I think he was hating life in general playing for the Rockies.
  20. Please now find a way to deal EE for a pitcher, bring up Pompey to play LF and call it a day AA.
  21. I'm not sure they do that for Velasquez alone. Good god
  22. What indications has AA give. You that he'll mortgage the future to 'save his ass?' Personally, I don't see it. Stupid trades now look bad for future resumes (not that he should be fired imo)
  23. You'd have to be a pretty selfish player to make your first 3 points a priority over a shot at winning the World Series. I also doubt many people would decline a trade because they don't want to play in/for Americans...Finally, why would he be on the move again after 2 months? Would the team that traded for him not be able to pickup his option? I'd still think E5 (and/or Jose, although I doubt he's been offered) would jump that the opportunity to join a team like the Cards. If anything for E5, he'd likely rather play in the AL so he can DH.
×
×
  • Create New...