Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Brownie19

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,075
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    42

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brownie19

  1. JJ Wetherholt made the Cards opening day roster. Good for him. Curious to see what he can become.
  2. OK - that makes sense to me. I was going to ask about Estrada/Clippard. For whatever reason - Jason Bere came to mind - the fosh!
  3. That's a good way of putting it. Are there any pitchers who throw a similar changeup? That might help people picture it.
  4. 5 more years of Boss Atkins? How soon before fans are upset over this? End of April is my guess.
  5. Yeah - I've known this for awhile and have always believed Salvy was overrated. That said, I respect the leader he's been in KC - and we don't see many players spend their entire career with one team. I don't think he's a HOF player, but he's had a great career for the Royals franchise. He's a bit like Joe Carter and Tony Batista offensively. Lots of empty counting stats. Never walks, but doesn't strike out a ton either. Massive hot streak with the stick in 2020 and 2021.
  6. I saw a Driveline Instagram video of Tellez hitting lasers in the lab. Just 105+ MPH nukes. I think he maxed out around 113. AA must have been dooms scrolling like I was!!!
  7. Dylan Crews optioned to AAA. He's in his age 24 season and is entering "bust" territory, which is wild.
  8. I think we all use K/9 because that's one of the prominent stats shown on Fangraphs. But you make a good point - thanks for bringing it to our attention.
  9. Has this been confirmed? I haven't seen it confirmed one way or the other...
  10. The Blue Jays are changing the Level of Excellence to the Hall of Excellence. They are taking the names/numbers down from the upper level and are creating a "hall" on the 100 level. Interesting - I liked having the names/numbers displayed, but I guess at some point it becomes too cluttered. It will be interesting to see what they create. I hope it's wicked.
  11. 6.5 BB/9 with a 3.5 K/9 isn't ideal...some might say that ERA isn't sustainable.
  12. Yeah - I'm aware. Barriera has been injured for 2 years now and Maroudis came back throwing 90 MPH puss. You have to squint really hard to imagine them still having much upside.
  13. https://toronto.citynews.ca/2026/03/19/buck-martinez-toronto-blue-jays-level-of-excellence-rogers-centre/ As expected, Buck is headed straight to the Level of Excellence. Ceremony will be August 29th.
  14. Anyone know if Schneider has logged any innings at 2nd this spring? With Clement and Gimenez at the WBC - you'd think it would have been a great time to get him some reps.
  15. This is f*cking disgusting on so many levels. The level of indoctrination is insane. What a douchebag.
  16. Cook's inability to steal bases is baffling for someone with that speed. It can't be that difficult to develop an average "jump". Hopefully his college coaches were all just morons and real coaching unlocks the ability to steal bases.
  17. Tough break for Jose Berríos… though honestly, based on last season, I would’ve guessed he’d been pitching with a broken arm since May.
  18. a stress fracture? WTF man. Brutal.
  19. Choke on that big meaty Venezuelan dong you insufferable, arrogant, militant losers. The baseball gods know exactly how to police this. Nobody deserves to lose this title on home soil more.
  20. It's just asset management. We're short MI talent. This protects against a major injury on the infield. Lukes just isn't good enough to worry about sending him to AAA for the onset of the season (as much as I hate this for him personally). Hard to see us going into the season without a backup infielder - unless you see Schneider being a reasonable option at 2nd, which the Jays haven't shown much evidence they do...
×
×
  • Create New...