Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Brownie19

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,100
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    43

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brownie19

  1. I mean Romano, Garcia, Mayza, Merryweather, Richards and Phelps (as a reliver) all have career K/9 over 9. Cimber is the (weak) contact guy. Garcia hasn't exactly shown it yet this year (velo is down a bit from last year so far). We may not have the swing and miss you see in the Yankees pen, but there is a lot of swing and miss in the pen IMO. That all said - I don't think Garcia is a top notch lockdown guy. I think he's our 3rd or 4th best pen arm (with Cimber) and the gap between him and Phelps/Richards isn't too big.
  2. That play at the plate with Bo was a lot closer than I ever expected it to be. Was Bo extra cautious not to leave early or something?
  3. That Trout video is fake (as noted), but I did see an old video a few days ago of Gary Sanchez hitting a check swing HR to right field at Yankee Stadium a few years back (juiced ball) - and it was real
  4. wait - so you're saying those who choose to rip Charlie for being stupid above didn't have enough information to accurately form an opinion? Shocking. And yes I think Charlie is a puppet. Charlie gets info from the analytics team, the performance team, the trainers, his assistant coaches and you damn well know he's been told to run the team a certain way by Shatkins. This isn't 2003 Art Howe going rogue for f*** sakes.
  5. I don't think it's fair to put that all on Charlie. It's certainly not like he sits down by himself and decides what the lineup will be each day...
  6. They showed the humidor in Sunday Night Baseball I think...every stadium has one now.
  7. Gurriel DH'd yesterday too right? Seems odd - maybe an underlying injury?
  8. Rockies fans must be laughing at this trade so far. Grichuk is on one of his famous heaters. If this were in Toronto the broadcasters would be raving how about he changed his approach this offseason and is more patient and not trying to do too much and making more contact. It will be interesting to see when the cold streak starts and how long it lasts...but enjoy it while you can Colorado!
  9. I think they are gaining time with the electronic signs. The pitcher is often getting the sign before he even steps on the rubber. That seems to be keeping the batters in the box more and reducing how often that "time" is called. Somebody must be keeping stats on the time between pitches. I'd be curious to see if it's dropped a lot this year.
  10. Might this lead to a change in approach? More contact, more balls in play, more small ball, more action on the field? Couple that with restrictions on shifting and the changes to increase the pace of play (pitch clocks, electronic signs) and we might see some tangible changes to the game environment. This is my own perception, but I do think teams are starting to value players who make more contact... (although restrictions to shifting may lead to more batters sacrifice contact for power again...)
  11. Sal Perez has less than 16 career WAR and is in his age 32 season. Sal Perez making the HOF would make everyone forget about the Harold Baines induction. In fact - may be it was Harold Baines telling you Sal should be in the HOF?
  12. Bo's only at 28% K - which isn't awful. I think they like him in the #2 spot so teams attack him (as they don't want to face Vlad). I suspect they think this helps mitigate the reality that Bo has downright awful plate discipline.
  13. Odd that Zimmer is in RF and Springer in CF.
  14. Thanks! I mean apparently he wasn't as bad as the eye may have suggested. It would be interesting if they just tracked the calls on the 'edges' (while establishing what they consider the edge). If pitchers are rutting balls all day, then obviously their accuracy will improve. It's the edge calls that make or break the game.
  15. Yeah I've noticed this too - tons of f***ing pop ups. And I agree with Laika that he hasn't passed the eye test for me at the plate....but - the results haven't been horrible yet, so that's positive. He's been putting the ball in play a lot more lately after all the K's to start the year - which is good. But lots of those are infield pops - which is bad.
  16. I can't wait to see the umpire scorecard from last night's Brewers/Phillies game. Curious to see what % of calls that Angel got right. By eye, it looked like maybe 32%
  17. Chapman's got a 130 wRC+. Perhaps the underlying stats suggest he's been lucky, but he hasn't been awful at the dish.
  18. So f***ing happy for Scottie. They're going to retire his # in TO one day.
  19. I think we'd all just love to hear more from Spats period. He should do a Q&A or something. That guy is the Adrian Beltre of the board.
  20. His ceiling is Kevin Garnett. We'll see if he can reach that.
  21. Incredible comeback for Memphis tonight. Down 26 in the 4th they outscore Minnesota like 37-12 to win. I'm upset they'll face off v. the Warriors in Round 2. That's going to be one hell of a series.
  22. I disagree - I don't think the movement by his hands is 'natural' and he clearly pushes Stephenson's head away with his right hand at the end. I may be underestimating and downplaying the split second decision making, but it looks to me like Voit wanted there to be contact knowing it was going to be a bang bang play.
  23. You can call it what you want, but essentially this is a throw back to the 1975-78 Goose Gossage days where very good relief pitchers were used for 2-3 innings in close games. Back then they would typically finish the game and collect saves. In today's version they pitch the 6th and 7th or 7th and 8th and bridge the gap from the starter to the closer.
  24. To be honest - if you're going to get that upset at a player, I'd rather this reaction then the version where they wait until the guys comes to the plate again and then you throw a baseball at him (or even worse when you throw at a teammate for something someone did).
  25. Apparently all the non vaccinated Yankee players got their vaccinations so they can travel to Toronto.
×
×
  • Create New...