Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Orgfiller

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    32,920
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    6

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Orgfiller

  1. There were better angles shown on the Blue Jays broadcast that showed that Saunders was very likely out. I'm not sure 1) why this was chosen as the definitive angle and 2) why they wouldn't just show it in slo-mo so it becomes clearer to the fans.
  2. I'm pretty triggered right now. Even the Indians' broadcast was triggered. Since we know the umpires won't be held accountable - apparently none of them are adept with basic physics and geometry, not to mention the sound of the ball off the bat - this means that more plays need to be added to the reviewable list. Why exactly is this not a reviewable play? Why is catcher's interference not a reviewable play? MLB needs to get their s*** together, the less possible ******** from umpires the better.
  3. In Thole's defense, both he and Navarro are about equally as useless. Both are below-replacement levels players who project to play as exactly replacement level players. Neither hits well, Navarro projects a bit better there, and neither are particularly good defensive catchers, while Navarro is an abysmal framer which hurts his value.
  4. That is demonstrably false. Saunders is obviously having a better year, and projects better than Travis.
  5. This, the right guys are in there. The order of them is arguable but not terrible.
  6. I'll link this right here: http://www.beyondtheboxscore.com/2009/3/17/795946/optimizing-your-lineup-by
  7. I don't believe so since he has hit Travis leadoff on multiple occasions. The decision probably comes from him not being able to change 1-5 much (when Martin and Tulo are playing) and his perceived view of Travis' skillset at the plate. I believe the second leadoff hitter thing is exactly how Gibby views it.
  8. I don't think speed has much to do with it. Martin projects as a league average bat with a high-ish OBP. Without checking I would assume Donaldson through Saunders project better (overall batting line, matchups aside), then I think it's more beneficial to a team to have the best hitter in the 7-9 portion hit last because he would then act as a second leadoff hitter of sorts for the elite top of the order once the lineup turns over. Edit: This is speculation based on what little I know about lineup optimization.
  9. I understand extending him from a baseball ops POV, but omg he's the worst to watch and his f***ing below replacement personal catcher that he brings with him makes it that much worse. Dickey is one of the only players I will irrationally argue against. Please, end the suffering.
  10. Lol @ Dave Stewart and the Diamondbacks.
  11. Yeah sliding in that situation is really stupid, kills your momentum. Carrera probably beats it if he keeps running.
  12. And just like that pitch tracker is back in the equation.
  13. Yeah we're probably spoiled by it. But on the surface it doesn't seem like he's made any egregious call, and the players certainly haven't had any issues with him which would imply that his strikezone has been good.
  14. By the way, this ump has been excellent, big thumbs up to him.
  15. Although with Goins in the game, you could just pinch hit for him with Tulo and it doesn't cost us much. It's a fine move if he never planned on having Martin catch anyways.
  16. Fwiw, you're more than likely replying to a troll account.
  17. Girardi doesn't even care anymore. He's just using his young guys no matter the consequences.
  18. f***, I thought you meant why Bautista going home was the right play, I misunderstood that. I would have to watch the replay again but I do pretty much agree that the Yankees made a wrong call there. Also was there a chance to step on first and fire home?
  19. Because if they try to go for the 3-6-3 double play and it fails, that's a run on the board for your team.
  20. Damn Liriano's slider is nasty today, he's commanding it perfectly. FFS use him over Dickey for the rest of the year.
  21. Not with 98 pitches through 6.
  22. His inevitable move to 1B/DH will be in the minds of other teams too. He's been an awful outfielder for years, now he completely lost his arm, he's an idiot on the basepaths, and his one calling card which is his elite hitting has only produced a less than 15% better than average offense. Good luck to his agent lol.
  23. Before any more s*** happens, we should take a moment to appreciate Liriano's pitches to Gary Sanchez. That was pure unfiltered filth.
  24. I had already made terms with his abysmal defense, but he was at least a semi-competent baserunner once upon a time. He's been terrible this year, costing himself a lot of money.
×
×
  • Create New...