Severino's stuff is way flatter than usual. The slider is more mid-high 80s than low 90s and I just saw a fastball clocked at 93 to open up against Reddick.
I agree that it would be better if the games were closer, but I really enjoyed watching Strasburg's dominance, the Nats were just having an excellent game all-around except for the one miscue from Soto.
Wow what the hell happened to Marcell Ozuna's arm? He used to have a cannon but that was such a weak noodle arm throw to the plate, after botching the catch on the slide where the ball was literally in his glove.
Joe Buck just said Aledmys Diaz, being Cuban as well as Chapman, probably grew up hearing about the latter and now here he is facing him in a playoff game. They are two years apart...
I think the guys at BP and wherever else that determined that the ball is traveling different took this into account. Also I can't imagine Houston of all places is experiencing significant weather changes from the regular season.
The biased fan in me says the Yankees have had a horseshoe up their ass this game with how many line drives from the Astros have found a glove, but I'm pretty sure that's been the case for both teams.
Exposed is a bit harsh. He's a rookie in the playoffs facing two of the best pitching staffs in the sport, it's pretty normal that he doesn't look like a world killer the way he did in the regular season.
That was fun, good for Anibal Sanchez. Now this is where s*** gets real for Nats fans, their bullpen has been atrocious and they can't just bring in a legitimate starter out of the 'pen every game.