Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Terminator

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    22,061
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    113

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Terminator

  1. We avoid Gallen and Kelly in the D-Bags series. Bassitt vs. Pffffartd Lauer vs. E-Rod Gausman vs. Ryne Nelson D-Bags will be making the trip all the way from Arizona for this one. I like our chances to take 2 out of 3.
  2. Need to flush that series We've got an off day tomorrow and the schedule softens up heading into the ASB vs Arizona vs CWS @ Cleveland @ Boston vs NYY vs LAA @ CHW @ Oakland We should start stacking up some wins again
  3. Turnbull doesn't have a great line today but whatever he is at this point is better than Francis. Make the switch.
  4. Defecating in people's food? Disgusting sex acts? On Father's Day no less? Whatever "side" you claim to be on I want to part of it sir. Very nasty people.
  5. Francis, Green and Swanson are killing us. Yimi and Sandlin should be back soon and we should option Francis for Shultz. Tommy Nance and Justin Bruihl are having good seasons in Buffalo but neither are on the 40-man.
  6. Yes, when someone from the low IQ side of the fandom such as yourself says something stupid, you can almost always expect someone who knows ball to call you out on it. I was happy to oblige this time.
  7. Teoscar has signed not one but TWO contracts in free agency since that trade lol. Anytime you see Swanson, Teoscar shouldn't even come close to entering your thoughts. If so, ask your shrink to up your meds.
  8. This is a weird trade. Vaughn makes 5.85M this year. I think he'll have 2 years of control left since he was demoted this year. But he's on his way to being non-tendered. Civale makes 8 mil this year and is a FA after the year. He projects a little better but he has diminishing stuff. Not sure what the point of the White Sox is in acquiring Civale but maybe they think they can flip him at the deadline for something? Civale might get you a 19 year old Dominican prospect at the deadline whereas Vaughn wouldn't?
  9. I don't think a +4 run differential is a problem. It probably only takes an 85 win team to make a WC and a +4 RD puts one on that pace. But further to that, the RD is trending the right way. A lot of this is guys busting out of their slumps and a lot of it is just finding the right 26 guys for the roster. Wagner, Roden, Barnes, and Lovelady were replaced by Barger, Varsho (for a while anyway), Fisher, Fluharty, etc. Also, I think we've got good depth on the player position side as well as in the bullpen. As other teams deal with injuries throughout the season they will stumble but the Jays should remain pretty strong so long as we don't get any more injuries to the rotation.
  10. What if we traded for Civale right now and use him for 6 weeks, and then we can trade him again at the deadline? Some penny pincher will take him and we can go after a bigger fish.
  11. I hear you on all this. I will say as far as the projections go is that Francis has always had bad projections. Not this bad, but bad nonetheless. I believe he had a true talent change when he started throwing a splitter. I am also sick of him and he needs to go down but it's really tough right now with two out of the 5 spots essentially being bullpen spots. I'm on board with Civale, just make sure to pay for him like he's a guy you are going to cut in a month.
  12. Hmmm...I'm not sure he moves the needle. He's probably an upgrade on Francis, but Civale himself could get bumped out of a spot as soon as Scherzer or Turnbull are ready. Now I wouldn't blame you for doubting the latter two, but I think it's probably worth giving them a shot. And there will be bigger fish available in about a month. That said, if Civale costs almost nothing (including the Brewers eating most of his salary), then I think you could acquire him and give him two turns through the rotation. If he sucks then just cut him loose. But that would be a scenario where the Brewers pay everything but 1 mil of his remaining salary and we give them a 19 year old in return.
  13. Worthless Royals are already down 5-0 Looks like the Jays are going to have to take care of business themselves Starts on June 30th when the Yanks come to town for a 4 game set
  14. Yeah they've been hot but we've gained a ton on the other WC contenders. On May 8th, we were 2.5 games back of WC3. The A's actually held that spot lol. Now we are WC1 and are +2 on WC3. I think we jumped 7 teams.
  15. That was a great pitching plan today given who was available and the off day tomorrow. Quick hook on Lauer Got to Fisher against the 2-3 hitters Then put Turnbull in at the start of the next inning for two, get him out of there before he gets dinged Little for the 8th Y-Rod for the 9th
  16. 3.5 games back of the Evil Empire. THE AL EAST IS OURS.
  17. Bo's flyball would have been a homer in one stadium, can anyone guess which stadium that would be? (I'm not counting the temporary minor league replica)
  18. The Cardinals suck ass....how the hell do these guys have a winning record?? lmao
  19. I bet the Cardinals thought they were going to win when they jumped out to a 2-0 lead lmao
  20. https://blogs.fangraphs.com/the-jays-keep-churning-out-relievers/ Really good in-depth article on Braydon Fisher. Time to move him up the pecking order and move Chad Green down (or preferably off the team altogether). I cannot believe we got this guy for Craig Biggio's son lmao.
×
×
  • Create New...