Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Terminator

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    22,061
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    113

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Terminator

  1. I would but I threw my neck out from tipping my cap so much this year.
  2. Lol 3 fastballs in a row right down the middle
  3. That wasn't even close to a strike on EE. He either isn't seeing the ball at all right now or he guessed.
  4. So is it safe to say that you don't think that Jimmy Paredes will extend his debut hit streak to 5 games?
  5. Yeah if he's getting starts over Goins vs. RHP then the writing may be on the wall for Goins.
  6. You're probably trolling but they should extend him now for half (or less) of what the qualifying offer would be. He might accept. I'd try and sneak an option in there as well. Just find a new C instead of Thole.
  7. He's giving up a ton of hard contact (44%) and almost no soft contact (10%). I don't know how that factors in to his numbers though but he's getting hit hard.
  8. That probably is true but it's also compounded by how s*** our offense has been in the late innings. Seems like there have been games where it's tied heading in to the 7th and the bullpen gives up a run over 3 innings and "blows the game."
  9. Didn't see the game but I did check the box score and saw that Jimmy Paredes extended his hit streak to 4 games. Opposite field line drive?
  10. No Jimmy Paredes or his 3 game hit streak in tonight's lineup. Fire Hale.
  11. Yeah I'm not convinced that Goins would actually be an improvement.
  12. I wouldn't go that far but when we do the Hottest Jays again he'll definitely be a threat to crack the Top 5.
  13. If you can hit an opposite field homer in batting practice let alone a game Tabler will want to slob your knob.
  14. Yes he isn't a bad baserunner. Not a good base stealer but there is a reason Hale didn't pinch run for him with Goins. He was above average last year. Fangraphs had him at 2.2 BsR in limited playing time which would have put him in the Top 50 if he had qualified and that was despite going only 4 for 8 on steals.
  15. I think I've made people legitimately hate him.
  16. After Goins comes back keeping both Barney and Goins on the bench together makes no sense as their skills are too similar. A 3 man bench with another reliever would make more sense than doing that. I could see Burns over Paredes though as Burns can field and Paredes cannot. But I don't think there is any hope at all for Burns' bat. if Paredes can show that last year wasn't a fluke with the bat he could be an ok bench bat. His baserunning isn't as bad as people think either so he could pinch run too. In the GDT I saw people calling for Goins to pinch run for him but that Hale made the right move by letting Paredes run as he's the better baserunner. I wish we had better options, we are discussing nothing more than slop, but for now I think Paredes can fulfill the Colabello-like bench bat role.
  17. Oh absolutely but no one thinks Paredes should take over Travis' spot do they?
  18. So you'd keep Goins over him?
  19. I'm joking! lol I do think there is a chance he's had a true talent change though. Fangraphs had an article after his hot start last year that discussed his change in his approach, particularly his ability to hit the other way. He faded in his final 30 games but he was nail in his first 70. Given our other options (Burns, Dominguez, etc.) it makes sense to keep him as a bench piece for now. Will he fail? It's certainly possible and most likely probable.
  20. Yeah that was not an enjoyable game to watch/listen to.
×
×
  • Create New...