Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Terminator

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    22,061
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    113

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Terminator

  1. That wouldn't shock me if he doesn't show improvement by then. He didn't get ST and he got a very limited number of AB's in the minors before being bought back. Might be best for him to go to AAA to get his sea legs.
  2. Jays should be in an okay spot at the deadline, assuming injuries don't play a big factor. Really probably only need a reliever (with Sanchez moving there they may not even need one) and a bench player (could just call up Pompey). It won't cost much to add that. In a dream world they'd add a SP but everyone will be looking for one and they don't have the prospect capital to do it. Here's to hoping the rotation stays healthy. Hutch will be our #5 soon which limits our depth so yet-to-be-stretched-out Chavez and probably LeBlanc our the #6 and #7 right now.
  3. Yeah Pompey would be a nice add considering 5 of the next 13 games are in NL parks. Would be an okay pinch hitter and good defensive replacement and pinch runner.
  4. Who is coming up? Could be a reliever and an extra positional player with the games being interleague and a couple of our guys being nicked up. Burns provides some versatility that could be useful.
  5. Jimmy Paredes making the Jays pay for releasing him. (sorry I had to)
  6. Is Zeke actually good now? A lot of BABIP in those stats but he's still hitting well and it seems his fielding is miles better than last year too. He's been a godsend for our pathetic bench.
  7. Helluva pick and tag by Goins. Martin busting out of his throwing slump as well.
  8. Over his past 16 games Martin is slashing .294/.383/.608. Looks like he's starting to turn it around.
  9. I think they'll fade. That rotation is garbage.
  10. Yep. Before the season he could have gotten 3 for 30 or something stupid I bet.
  11. I think Hendricks is getting boned. 19ks and 1 BB in 16 IP. He's getting BABIP'd at a .491 clip.
  12. Could be losing as much as 30 million if he doesn't get it turned around in a hurry.
  13. That's pretty much what he does. His FIP and xFIP are s*** but in the end the ERA is there and he's thrown 215 innings. He's seemingly turned the corner earlier this year than in year's past. ERA is below 3 since the beginning of May.
  14. He's been good only twice in his career: once in '09 and once last year. He picked a hell of a time to be good though as he netted himself 13 mil.
  15. Man just checked Dickey's numbers and since his first start in May he has a sub 3 ERA. It isn't always pretty but he's turned a corner for sure.
  16. Lol I forgot about the DH moving to the bench. Will likely be Smoak but good point. But yeah they could run with a 3 man bench and an 8 man bullpen I suppose. I hate that idea though.
  17. 3 man bench doesn't work in interleague.
  18. He's redundant with the emergence of Barney. When Tulo is back they can send him down but for who? Burns or Montero probably. I would have preferred they just kept Paredes and optioned Goins from the get go though. Burns might be useful as a UT player with interleague games coming up and Montero could be useful as a pinch hitter but outside of interleague I don't see either being able contribute much.
  19. I'd take that contract on (even with his attitude) and I assume he'd come at a discounted price in a trade. Hell I'd even encourage Shatkins to look in to it right now but they won't.
  20. You can't just all of the sudden become a master of the strike zone as a hitter. It's a skill. Mark Trumbo has talked about this before. He knows he doesn't walk and he wishes that he would and he does try to. He's just not talented in that aspect of the game so he can't.
  21. Had the previous two batters he had faced convinced you otherwise?
  22. Lol @ big boned.
×
×
  • Create New...