Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Terminator

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    22,061
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    113

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Terminator

  1. There is no reason for them to suck either. Great city, nice park, they seemingly have a leg up on signing starting pitchers, etc. Just a terrible franchise though. Somewhat related, I foolishly read a Buster Olney article where he graded the trade deadline for every team. He gave the Jays a D+ which I thought was odd. I checked his grade for the Padres and he gave them a C-.
  2. Tulo is essentially untradeable right now due to his contract but yes we would all be willing to trade him I think. Sanchez I'd move but might be wise to hang on to him for now so he can reestablish some value.
  3. It takes two to tango and I don't think it's wise to just start dumping guys for next to nothing. Sets the precedent that you're a FO who will make deals for the sake of making deals when it comes to selling at the deadline. You also start down the path of dealing certain guys to certain teams and they just back out last minute. These deals take a lot of time it seems. I just saw that Atkins said there were about 15 deals on the table, they just fell through.
  4. Doesn't seem like Teoscar is going to be called up just yet.
  5. I wouldn't be surprised if it was more than just making it even. Why take Aoki at all in that case? Couldn't we just have paid all of Liriano's salary and not taken Aoki?
  6. Just saw on twitter dot com that we gave the Astros cash too. I wonder how much.
  7. Eh, I'm fine with it. Got something for Liriano which is surprising and got a couple of guys for Smith. The return for Happ would have to get something of value since he's actually worth something to us. As for Estrada he may not have gotten any interest. I wouldn't hate the idea of bringing him back on a one year deal either. I think the FO did a good job. I'd give them a solid B.
  8. Does anyone know anything about Taylor? He's playing 2B which means his infield defense sucks or that his arm is bad. Something is preventing him from playing SS. He doesn't make a ton of errors for whatever that is worth. He's also pretty small and doesn't look to steal many bases. Not a lot of power though that is improving. He's skinny so maybe as he puts on more weight the power can develop more. Walk rate isn't great. K rate looks average. Just from what I see he probably never even sees the bigs but he's also not a total loser either. Worth a shot.
  9. Pannone will likely see the big leagues some day. Taylor is holding his own as a 19 year old in low A but is probably just a lottery ticket. The org gets some goodwill for dealing a guy going through personal issues to a team closer to his hometown, for whatever little minuscule bit that helps. Not a sexy haul but for an impending FA I'll take it. It's another move where the organization reveals that they have the right process in mind at least.
  10. Huntington's disease is no joke. One of my professors had it. Went from playing basketball with the students to barely being able to talk in 12 years.
  11. I mean I don't care if they are Latino or not but I wouldn't mind some young high upside guys too.
  12. Not a bad idea. I think Happy makes 13 million next season. They could deal him and use 8 mil of that to bring back Estrada on a one year deal. The talent dropoff probably isnt huge and they get 5 more million plus whatever prospect they acquire.
  13. I saw him rubbing his eyes like something was wrong but I didn't see what actually happened.
  14. Well yeah that's true but I assume saving 3 million (or whatever the actual number is) and getting a guy is worth something compared to trotting out a struggling pitcher for a last placed team. If Liriano was actually good it'd be a difference conversation but his salary is going to heavily affect the return we get from him. I'd prefer we cover it all and got something decent but if we don't cover it all or at least a good chunk then we can probably expect a bag of balls.
  15. Angels at home and then the White Sox on the road.
  16. Don't forget to factor in Liriano's salary. Liriano is pretty much a negative asset to us at this point as he's an impending FA and we won't make the playoffs. Let's say the Royals take on 3 million of his remaining contract and give us Sparkman. That's probably worth it.
  17. Would love to see the Jays cover the rest of Liriano's salary to get a half decent prospect for him.
  18. I think signing a multi-position player or two would help a lot when it comes to giving so many ABs to the Ryan Goins's of the world.
  19. I hate to break it to you but he's been a better hitter than everyone other than Smoak this year. :-/
  20. That's a good deal. Cordell could stick.
  21. I'd obviously like better pitching prospects than what we have but I'd much rather be hitter-heavy. TNSTAAPP
×
×
  • Create New...