Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Terminator

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    22,061
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    113

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Terminator

  1. True but it's 50 mil guaranteed. Who knows what happens in 4-5 years. But you're probably right.
  2. Probably not but the Raps will have his Bird Rights and can offer 50 more million than anyone else. If he did resign this trade goes from a good one to a flat out steal. But like you said, he probably won't and we will have extra money to play with.
  3. The Raiders are going to do well but they will never have a home field advantage. The visiting team fans are going to be as loud or louder every game.
  4. I agree. The team is better for the upcoming year and even if Leonard doesn't resign the Raps simply get the cap space. DD isn't a bad player but when he's on a max contract he really isn't providing any surplus value. What's better? DD or 29 million in cap space after next year? It's pretty close to me. There's also the chance that Leonard resigns like George did with the Thunder. On top of it the pick given up is either a really low first rounder or it turns into second rounders. Who cares about that or the C the Raps gave up. This is a great trade for the Raptors IMO; I don't really like it for the Spurs. They are basically going all in on an Aldridge/DD duo for the next 3 years and that's a team that gets bounced in the first round of the playoffs in the West.
  5. Perhaps but I could see a lot of visiting fans from opposing teams flying in for entire series. If the Jays were to play a 3 game set there that would be a pretty fun excuse to go to Vegas.
  6. Law said that Hader should be suspended.
  7. He also mentioned Portland, Vegas, Nashville and Charlotte by name. It'd be cool to get the Expos back; putting them in the same division with the Jays could be pretty cool. I think Vegas would be a good spot as well.
  8. Keith Law is losing his marbles over these tweets. Imagine having him as a GM; I know some teams have tossed around the idea before. Your team would be ran by a cross between JP Riccardi and Jen Ramos.
  9. He's being fueled by a high BABIP but I'm still pretty impressed. I think he'll get some big league at bats at some point. Probably doesn't deserve them and he's not going to stick of course but he's not bad for a guy who didn't play baseball for over 10 years.
  10. The quirky ballpark should be a blessing. You get to tailor your team to it for 81 games a season and the other teams don't. Instead they use it as an excuse for everything. It all starts with ownership who I actually know quite well. The Monforts just don't really give a s***. They let Dan O'Dowd run the team for 15 years and when fans finally had enough of him he merely stepped down so his #2 could take over. They have a nice ballpark in downtown Denver so people still come to the games. I would love to see a sabremetric Front Office have a crack at running the team but it will never happen.
  11. Yeah I agree. If we would have traded JD after his MVP season when he had like 3 years of control left or whatever it was we could have gotten a haul. Should have traded Sanchez after his ERA crown, Stroman before this year, Osuna right before he was arrested, etc.
  12. That's f***ing nuts. I can't wait for next year.
  13. Seems high for Groshans, Biggio and Smith. Or am I wrong?
  14. Probably because I was peddling it for so long. lol
  15. I could see it happening to help appease him some but only for like a week or two. Then entering next year just say he needs to work on his defense and keep him down for a week or two longer. Or is that not plausible?
  16. Not calling anyone out, I used to believe this too up until a couple of months ago. Just wanted to put it out there so we all know and are on the same page.
  17. Well yeah it is somewhat helpful. It's basically a list that says "here are some interesting names. Check them out and see if any of them are available in your league." Youd think they would put more into it though to make it even more useful. The reader is required to do a lot of work themselves.
  18. He also clarifies that he will miss some guys and doesn't really care if he does. So instead of improving the list he just dumbed down what it actually was. This list is just the equivalent of a fantasy player who checked his Fantrax team and put down whoever he had starred over the years.
  19. As for AA I don't care for his process but he made some good moves too. Trading Vernon Wells and trading for Donaldson were excellent moves, albeit they were no brainers. He also traded Thor away and traded for Tulo, both moves were flagged the moment they were done. We are still paying the price for those two moves. He also built the best team in baseball the year we won the AL East but it just wasn't built to last. It seems like we are the oldest team in the league every single year since then. He's probably about as good as Riccardi to be fair.
  20. That year we got 2nd place with 87 wins I believe we had the 4th best run differential in baseball that year. Just some s*** luck. That AJ Burnett signing was ballsy but it was a good signing. He made some good moves. He wasn't a bad GM and you could do worse but if I were an owner I'd be aiming higher.
  21. Remember last week when we were all s***ing on that Fangraphs article that had a Top 75 list for pitchers and hitters? Well here's an updated one where he provides some context to the rankings. Not sure if this makes the list any better or not. Apparently one of the distinctions made is that the order of the prospects does not matter. https://www.fangraphs.com/fantasy/top-75-stats-based-pitching-prospects/
  22. We should trade everyone now just in case they decline later on.
  23. Yeah and he tried playing football for a while too so along with the injuries he doesn't have a ton of ABs, despite his age. Maybe he's a guy that needs to play in the minors until he's 25 and then it'll start clicking.
  24. Anthony Alford sucks. Oft-injured 4th OF. He's Dalton Pompey 2.0.
×
×
  • Create New...