Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Terminator

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    22,061
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    113

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Terminator

  1. After looking at his profile for a bit I think everyone is being too harsh on Axford. He isn't that bad. He got hosed with his ERA last year because of a crap LOB%. Decent strikeout guy, good GB%, velocity is holding up- main problem is he walks too many guys. I'd definitely sign him to a minor league deal though.
  2. Here's a nice write up on the signing. It's more about Gurriel since Galvis is a known commodity. https://blogs.fangraphs.com/freddy-galvis-gives-the-blue-jays-options/
  3. Quick thought- The FA market the past couple of years has made the Happ for Drury trade even worse IMO. Guys like Drury are signing for peanuts. Asdrubal Cabrera signed for almost nothing and theres a very strong chance he out WARs him by a lot next year. Should probably aim for high risk high reward prospects next time, knowing that low floor types can be had for cheap via FA.
  4. I'm glad they made the signing. It was nifty and gives us an INF option. But Galvis kind of sucks. He just doesn't suck as hard as Urena is all.
  5. Yep. Pretty good chance of that happening.
  6. That's a really good question. Gurriel is in the mix at SS. When Vlad comes up he'll take 3B which will put Drury in the mix at 2B along with Travis. Then there's Galvis. I kind of think he'll be the 25th man but injuries are inevitable and he'll probably get plenty of PT.
  7. He's not very good but he's a big upgrade over Urena/Sogard. For 4 mil he'll be a fine bench player.
  8. If the Lakers gave up every enticing young piece they have it wouldn't be a horrible offer. Ball, Ingram, Kuzma, Hart and an expiring deal plus picks isn't bad. Boston and the 76ers could blow it out of the water if they wanted too but I'm not positive that they would want to take on the risk of him signing elsewhere. I don't think the Lakers would have to worry about him walking at the end of the year.
  9. Yeah if the Player's Union wants to change something they need to get their guys to FA earlier than they currently are. The average age has to be really close to 30 at which point long term deals are too risky.
  10. Mussina makes plenty of sense to go neutral to me. 10 seasons vs. 8 but he made the postseason 7 times with the Yanks and only 2 with the Orioles. The Yanks are a big draw too (unlike the shitbag Phillies lol), I could see the temptation to even go Yanks. I think no logo for him makes complete sense.
  11. I did. Everyone told me to f*** off and it got downvoted to oblivion.
  12. I'd go to the HoF ceremony if any Jays players were getting inducted but alas, not interested in seeing a Yankee, a Yank/Oriole hybrid, a Mariner, or a professional baseball player get in.
  13. Vdub and gentlemen- we have an update, TheHurl has officially endorsed the petition. This could be a game changer.
  14. Ok if the Joe Carter post wasn't a tell that I'm at least half-joking then I'm just going to have to come out and say it. Yes, I'm disappointed and I do think it's a bigger deal than most people but I am using quite a bit of hyperbole here lol.
  15. Not sure, he certainly embraced the Jays when it was announced though.
  16. The Hall of Fame website lists his "Primary Team" as the Blue Jays. https://baseballhall.org/explorer?name=&team=411&induction=All&pos=All&state=All&born%5Bvalue%5D%5Bdate%5D=&bats=All&throws=All For some reason he's in a Phillies uni though and Alomar is in a Padres uni.
  17. God bless Roberto Alomar, I don't care how big of an ******* he is. He could have easily gone in with no logo, or even tried to put another team's logo on his cap but he chose the Jays. He's on my Jays Mt. Rushmore for sure.
  18. Can Justin Trudeau declare war on the city of Philadelphia? Surely that's on the table and being considered.
  19. Gary Potosky should be in jail for this. We need to "open up the libel laws" so we can go after him.
  20. This was a huge dud. I have failed.
  21. Agreed. He died over a year ago. No need to take it over the line IMO but she's fair game for criticism when she makes controversial decisions like this. This is ********.
  22. Go to hell! He's a Blue Jay! You know it, I know it, Roy Halladay himself knew it!
  23. No but sign it anyway please
  24. I made a change.org petition. Putting it in its own post for visibility. Please sign and share, it means a lot to the franchise to have the Jays logo on his plaque. https://www.change.org/p/baseball-hall-of-fame-put-the-blue-jays-logo-on-roy-halladay-s-hall-of-fame-plaque
×
×
  • Create New...