Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Terminator

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    22,061
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    113

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Terminator

  1. Paul Quantrill was probably just nervous.
  2. It's tough to sit here and say it's the hitting coach's fault because it's not but they are often the first to go. If this doesn't improve I dont think he'll last the season. As a team we are hitting like a decent hitting NL pitcher.
  3. That is pathetic. Ranking dead last in the entire league in several categories when the NL teams are giving ABs to pitchers.
  4. I really hate having Jonathan Davis on the team. Dude sucks.
  5. This offense is so brutal. Seems like we're on the verge of barely avoiding no-hitters on a nightly basis.
  6. Gotta love Drury and his .307 career OBP leading off. Hopefully Biggio batting 8th doesn't last long and he's the leadoff man before too long.
  7. Not really a big deal but I think worrying less about souvenirs and more about the game he was about to get shelled in would have been wise. https://www.mlb.com/bluejays/news/ryan-feierabend-lineup-card-blue-jays-souvenir
  8. You can only polish a turd so much! OF still looks like s***!
  9. The worst thing about him is that he framed the lineup card or whatever and made it an ordeal. It's like come on dude, you got rocked. Bad look IMO
  10. Flurry of moves being made today. Good on Atkins for recognizing how s*** the roster looked and making the changes to improve it.
  11. Biggio starting at 2B tonight. Saw it on twitter. I think Drury is probably better at 2B but he's probably just a bench player moving forward. I think trying to develop Biggio there is the right move and I hope he gets the lion's share of the starts there.
  12. Bat Biggio leadoff you coward
  13. Need to clear a spot on the 40 man for Biggio too so I think Feierband is definitely toast.
  14. Haven't seen this mentioned yet but Zac Rosscup was claimed. Going to need to make a move for him. Will definitely be a reliever but I'm not sure who. Could be Feierabend even though he doesn't have options.
  15. Who knows what order Montoyo will put them in or what positions the defensively flexible guys will actually play but the starting lineup looks a lot better and should resemble something like this: C- Jansen 1B- Smoak (S) 2B- Sogard/Drury (L/R) 3B- Vlad Jr. SS- Galvis (S) LF- Biggio (L) CF- Grichuk RF- Gurriel DH- Tellez (L) Bench- Maile, Sogard/Drury, Davis
  16. I'll be interested to see where they play both of these two, particularly Biggio. Corner OF needs the most help but Sogard is cooling off too. Hopefully with more OF options it means Grichuk will be full-time in CF and Davis will be in a permanent bench role. Watching him start the last 6 games was testing my fandom.
  17. Agreed. Throw them a player where we have extra org depth, some cash or perhaps even international money. At this point it's safe to say that the juice (a Top 25-30 organizational prospect) just isn't worth the squeeze (rostering one of the worst relievers in baseball on the 25 man all season long). If Elvis was a Top 10 organizational prospect type then fine but he's not. On top of it I wonder how this affects his development. Can't be ideal.
  18. Yeah he has definitely beat my expectations. Should be a decent player for us. Problem is, no defense power guys like him go for about 4 million bucks on the FA market right now so he's probably only providing surplus until he hits Arb. Hopefully his plate discipline issues resolves and he gets a little extra OBP to go with that power.
  19. I'll give you Jansen. Dude was a Top 40 prospect and his defense is better than advertised. His bat turns around and I agree, he could become a Top 5 Catcher. We're on the same page with him. But the other guys? How are you "as hopeful as ever" that 2 of those 4 become average players? Are you basing that off of anything? Maybe Tellez? Oh come on get out of here with that preachy ******** lol! I'm not whining just for the sake of it. I'm stat scouting/stat casting them all the best I can. Just not seeing what I like and what it means for next year. Steamer/Zips/Statcast all say these guys suck. If you provide evidence otherwise I'd love to hear it. Cheers.
  20. He's slashing .248/.302/.467. League average this year is .244/.319/.418 but that includes NL teams and their pitchers hitting. Rowdy is basically an average bat. Could get to solidly above average but even then he's one of the slowest runners in the league and a poor fielder.
  21. You have to consider minor league numbers as well and McKinney hasn't exactly shined there either. On top of it, he's in the bottom 5% of exit velocity this year which is actually kind of hard to believe. I just don't see what there is to like with him right now.
  22. Who do you specifically think will be a decent to good asset? -Jansen should be solid -Teoscar has almost 900 PAs and little to show for it, turning 27 this year -Drury has 1200 and has performed even worse than Teoscar with the bat, turning 27 this year too -McKinney has almost 300 PAs and a negative half WAR to his name, going to be 25 this year -Tellez is actually an average bat but that's not good enough given his poor defense and baserunning -Gurriel in 300 PAs is replacement, he'll be 26 in less than 5 months -Surely you don't mean Urena, might have a decent glove though -Then there are the Brito and Davis' of the team who are barely worth mentioning So yeah, you say some of these guys will be decent or good but I can't tell who are you actually talking about other than Jansen.
×
×
  • Create New...