Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Terminator

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    22,061
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    113

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Terminator

  1. A bench of Collins, Espinal (or Biggio if Espinal takes the job), Tilapia and Zimmer isn't half bad. It's a little bit awkward though in terms of roster construction. If any one of Biggio, Espinal, Chapman or Bichette is unavailable even for a day or two we will have zero backup infielders and will have to make a roster move. Which I suppose could be optioning Collins for Katoh?
  2. I've barely been able to watch either of the games due to taking clients to Rockies Opening Day events. Has Buntoyo done anything stupid yet?
  3. Nice! I started off 15-0 in person but it was when I was a kid during the 93-93 run so there were lots of wins to be had. Since then it's been a pretty mixed bag with some losing streaks mixed in.
  4. I thought that sounded awful too but I just looked at Ramirez on Fangraphs and Steamer projects him to have a wRC+ of 113? How does that make any sense he barely did that in the minors lol
  5. Yeah Fowler can kick rocks. Lukes, Palacios and then we can always bring up Otto Lopez or Samad Taylor and/or give Biggio more run in the OF.
  6. Holy crap that's bad. Might be the worst lineup I've ever seen. It legitimately looks like a boring AAA lineup.
  7. It's not a bad move for the cheapskate Indians either IMO. They've got plenty of OF types like this and Castro will be cheaper than Zimmer as he won't hit arb for a couple more seasons whereas Zimmer already has. Castro's slider is legit too. He should be able to fill a middle innings role with some potential for more while doing it for league min for the next two years.
  8. I would imagine so but I bet it will be pretty fluid. We play 30 games in the next 31 days. Katoh could be an option as well. I could see one of the bottom of the barrel pitchers for now but I don't think it would last long.
  9. This is a pretty sweet trade. Great fielder and baserunner and some potential with his bat. Carrying 5 OFers along with Biggio is slightly awkward but someone will get hurt and we can always cycle people through the DH spot (looking at you Springer) whenever Kirk is catching. They'll be enough ABs to go around.
  10. Yeah that makes the most sense.
  11. Yeah I’ll be curious to see what the corresponding move is. Would be a very tough break for Katoh right before opening day lol
  12. Joey Votto is hilarious lol
  13. Good catch. So we are probably going with a 3-man bench and an 11-man bullpen to start the year. The tentative plan for May (when the rosters are cut from 28 to 26 and the 13 pitcher rule goes into effect) is probably to promote Collins and then option 3 relievers.
  14. Yeah that's pretty fair. I don't love them but I think they have amassed a nice collection of average players across the board, some of which have some decent upside. In that division that might be good enough. But it could also blow up in their face.
  15. Yeah I like the Tigers too. In addition to all of the offseason moves they were actually pretty decent in the second half last year. Could def see them winning that division.
  16. The TD has been scored and the football has been spiked. I didn’t read any of the vaccine stuff you guys were taking about but I’m going to have to chalk up a W for Laika here for using that gif.
  17. Lol ok that was funny
  18. Hours later and not a single person thanked the above post lol. Going to go ahead and chalk up another W on this one.
  19. I'd rather have Kirk.
  20. Me after spanking TwistedLogic in a baseball debate:
  21. Splitting hairs Fake news. It's going to be Katoh. Come on bro, Greg Bird is going to play for the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Railriders lmao. If that isn't proof enough that the Jays weren't putting him on the big league roster then I don't know what is. You were stanning Greg Bird over a .900 OPS in Spring Training so you were dead wrong about both his talent level and the way in which he was exiled to Scranton, PA. So your speculation was dead wrong. Pointing out to someone that their take was completely wrong also happens on discussion forums. You can call me weird but I think you're weird for thinking Greg Bird is an MLB talent.
×
×
  • Create New...