Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Terminator

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    22,061
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    113

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Terminator

  1. The Sheriff has retired so I can't take any of the credit. Plenty of others lead the charge and were more effective in doing so. The badge is collecting dust on the mantle of the fireplace now. For some reason I just can't seem to throw it away. Sometimes after work when I'm drinking whisky I'll stare at it. It's almost daring me to put it back on. But those days are over, sadly.
  2. Pat Borders was the 1992 World Series MVP. There's a good example of randomness for everyone.
  3. You're actually close to getting this connorp! Yes, it is somewhat analogous to a mostly garbage stat like pitcher wins which is the entire point! Because just like pitcher wins, these playoff records don't actually tell us a whole lot. You suggested that I use an x-Stat instead and that would probably give us a better picture of what is happening! Good job! But x-stats don't count (and in a small sample size don't mean much anyway) so all we can use are the actual stats. So anyone trying to rationalize this all by explaining that the "D-Bags exciting young core" or their "playoff aces" are the reason why the mediocre teams are winning and the good teams are losing is ignoring the fact that random crap is happening which is leading to these results.
  4. Yeah he's probably starting on the all-time Fake All-Star team.
  5. I completely agree. Ohtani might give the TV execs boners which causes them to change their tune this time. I'm putting the chance at 0.1%-1%
  6. I can buy that. #4 and #5 starting pitchers lose their spots in the rotation. The long relievers and other bottom of the barrel relievers also don't throw as much.
  7. Top 5 records in baseball went a combined 1-13 in the playoffs this year. And there are those on the board who say randomness doesn't play much of a factor in the playoffs lol
  8. Same. I bet the projections are pretty darn good still.
  9. It should get better. He's still pretty young. Players often have down years in their career for a variety of reasons. Randomness (my new favorite word) can play a factor, some sort of nagging injury, maybe he was getting exploited on something that he can fix, etc. Unfortunately he doesn't look like the Hall of Famer that we were all hoping for but he can still be an All-Star caliber player (a real one not a fake one like he was this year) moving forward.
  10. There's a non-zero chance it happens. You've got the big players like the Dodgers, the Yankees (I don't think they can afford a 450 million dollar DH on top of the 300 million dollar one they already have) and a couple of others but I would put us in the next group of teams that has a snowball's chance in hell. I bet they are one of the teams rumored to be in on him. And I bet you they probably end up as at least semi-finalists. The rumor mill will churn out the Jays as one of the teams interested and when the list whittles down to 5 or so the Jays will still be in it. And then when it gets cut down to two or three they'll be one of the teams no longer in it.
  11. Lol that is so true. He's so immature. When he's flustered he just stats hacking away.
  12. He's got a 0 grade hairline on the 20-80 scale. Really needs to buzz that thing down.
  13. I'm really glad that the board has fought back against the 4 brainless horsemen of playoff apocalypse (we all know who they are) to regain control of the board. I was actually considering dusting off my badge there for a minute.
  14. There is no guarantee he bounces back but I think it's a good bet to think that he will. I'm sure he knows 26 homers isn't a good year for him. How much he bounces back we shall see. Doubtful to reach 2021 but 2022 should be attainable. I'm hoping for somewhere in between.
  15. She cute The only post you’ve made since the season started that didn’t make me want to claw my eyes out. Congrats.
  16. Well they need to get him some pepto then because they needed him in top shape. What they also need is a more energetic young core like the D-Bags. I know the Braves have the best young core in baseball but it needs more energy if they want to advance. They also need more aces like Brandon Pfart.
  17. Thank you! This is interesting. The board just assumed he was hitting too many fly balls to CF but that’s not necessarily true. I wonder why his homers to CF and RF dropped?
  18. They aren’t built for the playoffs. But that garbage team without Acuna was. Probably because Freddie Freeman was built for the playoffs then. But he’s not now.
  19. So you want Laika to ban himself?
  20. Good job Dean. 80% of your posts continue to be fat jokes. Keep up the good work bud.
  21. It's possible. He's only hit 1 WAR in 2 of the last 7 seasons.
  22. You guys should be getting way better odds, Jaysblue is getting a 30 million dollar a year player and all he has to do is put up more WAR than Kikuchi who got 30 million total for 3 years. He even gets a fallback with the "or" better than Berrios. Should have at least made it so he's better than both. I guess it's completely possible that Rodon's arm explodes in ST again though. Though he could STILL win if Kooch throws up another negative season lol.
  23. It was frustrating but Vlad will bounce back. He hit the piss out of the ball and got his launch angle up to a career high. His Pull% was a career high too. I wish they would break that down further into how many flyballs were pulled though. Seems like he just needs to make an adjustment and he'll be back on track. Hopefully sucking like he did this year provides him with more motivation.
  24. Yeah extensions seem tough at this point and frankly it's not the end of the world either. The Jays are pretty big spenders now so they could make a trade for a 4+ WAR type and extend that player instead or they could dip into FA and sign a guy to a big deal as well. They were in on Nimmo last year and he's not much worse than Bo or Vlad either. Vlad's price has dropped a ton. I'd still offer him Matt Olson money at 8 years, 160 mil but I doubt he'd be interested with how much he's still due in arb.
  25. The point is getting murkier because you are conflating your own arguments. You claim that aces matter (I mostly agree with that) while simultaneously claiming that the D-Bags are "dangerous" and that they were an identifiable low-seeded team who could make a run (even though you only said this with the benefit of hindsight). Meanwhile, the D-Bags have started Brandon Pfart in 40% of their playoff games so far. He's better than his 5.72 ERA suggests but he's hardly the pinnacle of playoff pitching.
×
×
  • Create New...