Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Terminator

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    22,061
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    113

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Terminator

  1. Does Fangraphs still use UZR to calculate the defense for WAR? And BR uses DRS? We all know KK is the greatest fielder since Ozzie Smith. And that’s backed up by both DRS and OAA. But UZR thinks he’s merely good Using UZR wouldn’t be the first time that Fangraphs engaged in questionable judgement. They did employ Sheryl Ring after all.
  2. Well in bWAR it wasn’t even close, Max. Plus we also got Belt with that money and then it was really a blow out in my favor. The second the ink dries on a 8/160 deal for Bellinger it becomes an albatross contract. I’m pretty sure he doesn’t even like baseball. Meanwhile, KK (the greatest fielder of this century) is just sitting there waiting for a 1 year deal (he’s also the best looking player this century).
  3. I’m surprised that the Bellinger fanboys are out in full force after the shellacking I gave you all last offseason. (Kevin Kiermaier outproduced Bellinger on a dollar per WAR basis)
  4. Also takes a team out of the running for other DHs
  5. We didn’t need him but that’s about what Fangraphs thought he would get. Perhaps the rest of the DH types will follow suit.
  6. I like that plan. Just because the offense sucked last year doesn't mean we should go all in on offense and forsake defense. The offense is going to rebound basically with regression alone. Maintaining the defense in the OF makes sense to me. There is way more value there than in signing an offensive guy. And a guy like Duval can add some homers as a 4th OF without sacrificing defense too. Use the DH spot to add a bat. I would add Joc Pederson to your list and I think he might be available on a 1 year deal. Still no idea what to do at 3B. But I think maintaining payroll flexibility would be wise. We can add a salary at the trade deadline or throw some money around next year. Kim or Bregman would be great targets for us.
  7. https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/dying-orangutan It's how I felt after I got off the Ohtani to the Jays rollercoaster.
  8. Did you know that Jesse Winker doesn't even like baseball?
  9. You guys should see the doozies I've come up with on the MLB Trade Machine
  10. I know the President of his fan club was banned but for any remaining Greg Bird fans out there he is currently hitting home runs in the Australian league. If he keeps it up he could eventually work his way back to Scranton.
  11. Yeah I don’t mind talking about Morosi’s tweets if they make some sense but there’s a chance the Jays have zero interest in MAT. Morosi constantly makes things up.
  12. Why would Vlad putting up more WAR than Bellinger shock you? It’s happened in 2 out of the last 3 years. Not sure what that has to do with anything anyway.
  13. 200M for a 2.5 WAR OF lol
  14. Well Duvall might be washed and we need to improve the roster
  15. I like Duvall but I’m worried that Father Time will come for him soon. Lantigua is interesting and based on stat scouting alone he looks really good. But he was a minor league free agent and came back to us which tells me the industry thinks a lot less of him than us stat scouts do.
  16. Yeah Gallo as a 4th OF/backup 1B would be good. Primary starter in LF not as much (unless the team went HAM at DH and 3B and needed someone cheap). If we signed Tommy Pham who is old to be the LF then Gallo would be a nice fit. Wouldn’t need to be a strict platoon but perhaps a soft platoon.
  17. Articles flying around about Boras holding firm on 200 mil for Bellinger. F that.
  18. I think either of them would be good. Freeman has a better bat, Triolo a better glove. I kind of like the idea of adding Triolo. One of the few guys in the game that would actually be an upgrade over Chapman at the position? And we might be able to squeeze more out of the bat than the sorry ass Pirates could.
  19. I hear ya but it's not the performance that worries me it's the injuries. Coming off a major elbow injury and he's got 10 more years on that contract at 32 mil a year. Tatis is younger and Bogaerts has a lower AAV (26 mil).
  20. Of all their contracts Machado might scare me the most.
  21. What about Manoah for Jared Triolo from the Pirates? Triolo is a big time slap hitter but he's elite defensively and has a good eye. We could probably tweak it some where we throw in a crap reliever and they toss us Connor Joe or something.
  22. You could do some sort of big blockbuster with the Padres where we get Tatis, Bogaerts and Cronenworth and trade them Bo, Manoah and a handful of other MLB ready pieces. Pearson, Horwitz, Espinal, etc.
  23. He'd be better than our current 3B options. Bit of a slap hitter though.
  24. Yeah they are kind of hard to envision trades with. Kim would be an obvious trade target but he also makes only 8 million so they aren't shedding that much salary and he also helps them compete this year, which they are also trying to do. Maybe some sort of Manoah and Horwitz for Kim deal would work? MLB Trade Values like it. Manoah slots in to the rotation and Horwitz plays 1B with Cronenworth sliding over to 2B. You hate giving up that much control for just one year of Kim but Kim is really good and maybe he'd be open to an extension.
×
×
  • Create New...