Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Terminator

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    22,061
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    113

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Terminator

  1. Small sample size last year but all of his defensive metrics were good last year and have been for a while.
  2. Tim Tebow was blacklisted because he's a born again Christian
  3. Don't listen to him, Don. I'm 100% the real McCoy. Jim here has been my wannabe rival on this board for almost two decades despite me getting the better of him every single time. It's kind of like the Harlem Globe Trotters (that's me) vs the Washington Generals (that's Jim).
  4. I'm telling you he can play league average defense, hit .220 with 15 homers in 80 games and throw up a war and a half before getting hurt and turning things over to Kinder-Falafel. And he'd only cost 5 mil bucks to do it. Do I think we should aim higher? Yes. But while I like Kinder Falafel I think we should look to get a 3B who can chip in 60-80 games 3B. Donaldson fits that bill and so does Justin Turner.
  5. Donaldson has one last ride in him. The defense is holding and the power is there. 80 games of a Yankee revenge tour in 2024 before blowing out both of his calves and retiring. I believe.
  6. Forget I said Pederson we can just use Horwitz.
  7. Let's go dumpster diving! Bring me Donaldson, Joc Pederson and Randal Grichuk on one year deals. 1. Springer 2. Bo 3. Pederson (L) 4. Vlad 5. Schneider 6. Kirk 7. Varsho (L) 8. Donaldson 9. KK (L) C- Jansen UT- Kinder-Falafel UT- Biggio (L) OF- Grichuk Getting swept in the Wild Card round will be easy to make.
  8. I really don't want to get into the Bauer situation again but he was never charged with anything and lawsuits filed against him were dropped. If they tried terminating him for cause, and you could make that argument if you're the Dodgers I suppose, Bauer would have a great case.
  9. Steamer projects him to have .8 WAR in 379 PAs. On top of it, I think the projections might all be out of whack because the Yankees played him in the OF so much last year. If he's playing in the infield he seems to be about a 1.5 WAR player. Nothing wrong with that for a modest 2 year deal.
  10. Possibly but if not IKF will be good to have around. And with Espinal's D slipping the team probably no longer considers him a SS and most of the young guys outside of Leo Jimenez can play SS. I thought maybe Clement could be the 26th man/backup SS but I don't think the team really like him very much either.
  11. Hmm yeah that's interesting. He's still young enough for a late career breakout. The exit velo increase is definitely there and his walks were up but his K's spiked.
  12. Yeah I bet they can terminate for cause. Franco and the player's union might fight it in which case they could probably end up in a settlement. But I would imagine that any settlement would be very small compared to the rest of the money owed because he probably won't have a very good claim against the team.
  13. There aren't any this year outside of Ohtani and Yamamoto and the Dodgers weren't going to let either one of them sign with the Jays.
  14. I've moved on from Donaldson and am now on Turner. I wouldn't sign him Turner be the primary DH though. I'd sign Joc Pederson to do that. I'd sign Turner to be the "primary 3B" but really he's only shooting for 70 games there. The rest can come at DH (Pederson will be sitting against lefties after all) and 1B with a few at 2B even. On paper it seems like not enough ABs for Turner but over the course of the year he'll get plenty. IKF, Biggio and then midseason callups from Orelvis/Barger/Parmesanicheesi can fill in the rest of the 90 games at 3B.
  15. Yeah Turner could be a good fit as well. He's starting to show some struggles against righties too but he's a much safer bet than Donaldson is to play 130 games. His defense is also looking very suspect these days but it probably wouldn't kill us if he started 60-80 games at 3B with the rest coming at DH. But I suppose if Turner's defense is as bad as I suspect, could Schneider just chip in and be the 80 game 3B instead? He might not be much worse than Turner at this stage in their careers. Then we could sign a true right masher like Joc Pederson to be the DH. But then I guess the more games you pencil in Schneider at 3B it just opens up more games needed at 2B so it doesn't necessarily solve much unless we find other options at 2B.
  16. Donaldson's defense is holding up well, he has pop, he mashes lefties and he's an ******* who wants to win which we need more of. Shoot for 350-400 ABs as a part time 3B/DH on a one year deal.
  17. Currently talking myself into a Josh Donaldson signing someone help me pls
  18. Yeah he would've been a decent pickup. I kind of thought we should have picked up Cal Quantrill too. He's got options but he's projected to get 6.6 mil in arbitration. That's pretty pricey for a fringe arm like that but he's about a 1 WAR SP right now and with our elite defense I think he would be a decent fit with his pitch to contact skillset. We've got a glut of marginal infield talent as well as infield prospects so hopefully we can use some of that to get some SP depth.
  19. That's my point. Take the wins however you can get them.
  20. Ross Atkins turning into Kim Ng by acquiring cute slap hitting infielders. Someone check his T levels stat.
  21. I would like to see us do a rare prospect for prospect trade for that. Like trade Horwitz for a AAA depth starter or something. Those kinds of trades are rare though.
  22. Fans hate defense and their analysis is incredibly skewed because of it. If we signed a 1.5 WAR 3B who was all bat and no glove for 2/15 everyone would be pretty pleased.
  23. Say we sign Joc Pederson. IKF allows us to DH Jansen or Kirk against lefties and we’d still have a backup C.
×
×
  • Create New...