Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

John_Havok

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,422
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    25

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by John_Havok

  1. I'm guessing he was a long way from medical attention at the time?
  2. I looked into it after I read it too, apparantly after your appendix bursts it's not a necessity to have surgery to remove it, it just tends to shorten recovery time and reduce the possibility of complications. Mortality rate is a lot lower than I thought, apparantly it's actually rare to die from a ruptured appendix unless you get absolutely no treatment
  3. I get the logic there, but why didn't Boston do the same thing with Ortiz then at any point? I know it was a different GM at the time, but still they didn't even give their franchise poster boy that kind if money, so I doubt they do it for Edwin
  4. So it turns out Bichette didn't actually gave an appendectomy. His appendix burst and his body just.... absorbed it according to the man himself. No surgery was performed. What a boss http://m.milb.com/news/article/20160922202752584/jays_bichette_with_brazil_joins_podcast
  5. These no doubt here in Lethbridge AB, the majority of fans are Jays fans. I see hats and gear everywhere. There's still Red Sox and Yankees stuff too, but it's greatly outnumbered
  6. I doubt either guy gets more than 3 years guaranteed, Edwin maybe 4 tops. Teams are alot smarter now when it comes to aging players in the mid to upper 30s that aren't especially athletic anymore (like Edwin) or are still athletic but can't play defense for s*** anymore (bautista). Both are 1b/DH types now though you could still toss Jose out in RF occasionally for flexibility...I'd say 3 years 54m would be as high as I would go, and I'd much rather see 3/48 or something close to it... Ortiz is pretty much the benchmark for Edwin and since his age 34 season he's been between 13 and 16 million Per year, and all on short term deals and options. Beltran wouod be the comparable for Jose amd his recent 3/45 deal,he was 36 when he signed it, so there's that I honestly think even 20 million AAV is a pipe dream for both guys
  7. This straight up sucks. He was supposed to start today's game, which has been cancelled by MLB. The right move considering neither team is in the playoff hunt
  8. And high socks
  9. Or when spelled backwards.... Wow!
  10. Pillar did it last year too, was the only guy
  11. Good question. Jose Iglesias is also doing it this year and worse than Pillar
  12. No he didn't. He fought off balls 1 through 8.
  13. Travis couldn't hAve scored the run with a sac fly like Pillar
  14. I might have taken a chance on that but I doubt it, Pillar would have tried to bunt it after it hit the dirt 10 feet in front if the plate.
  15. Why are we expecting anything from Pillar? The guy is the 2nd most useless hitter on the roster aside from goins.
  16. Championshits? I took one of those earlier today
  17. I get why he was bunted over, but my god Pillar.... try swinging at strikes
  18. Typical Pillar AB....nothing in the strike zone after 6 pitches and he's 1-2 because he has 0 strike zone awareness
  19. You weren't even on the board when this thread was started in 2014. Have a coke and a smile.
  20. I'm sure all the Dominican women (and by that I mean.. donkeys), do the same thing
  21. Bumped ... cuz
  22. I'm not sure if it was that one, could have been but I seemed pretty sober in that thread. I burned ECJF pretty good in there though, but what can you expect when you choose to watch a channing Tatum movie over the jays, and proclaim that you're going to a wine tasting..... *Edit* Just bumped that thread yes it was that Game against the reds
  23. I approve of this message. It reminds me of last year or maybe the year before when the Jays were down by like 9 runs or something early in the game and the fair weather fans were heading for the cliffs to fling themselves but the Jays came back and won and I launched a drunken f*** YOU thread to every one of those douchecanoes and told the to eat a bag of sweaty Dominican dicks.... Good times
  24. Need Arrieta to have a big game or I'll be in the basement
×
×
  • Create New...