Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

John_Havok

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,422
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    25

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by John_Havok

  1. Are you at all familiar with Selig's history in baseball?
  2. Back to back blowouts. Nice
  3. So this thread is about sandwiches now? sweet, that other crap was boring. I don't mind subway, occasionally I'll grab a 6 inch chicken onion teriyaki, but I definitely prefer quiznos here. The location here is really well run and puts out really great sandwiches. I haven't seen a Firehouse out my way yet I think they're still just in Ontario
  4. He can't really be judged the same way as other 22 year old prospects though, given his very late start to baseball. He's really only had 1.5 seasons worth of PAs, whereas another 22 year old drafted out of high school would have 5 full seasons of minor league PAs.
  5. Some teams do promote players at the end of seasons to avoid stuff like this if they think the player will be at the next level the next season.
  6. That would be true if he were in AAA or AA, because they can protect additional playerss at those levels, but not single A which is where Borucki was.
  7. Raps 3rd unit in. Poeltl, Bruno, Siakam, Powell and VanVleet. This is entertainment
  8. I was born in Sask and lived there until I was 17. So.... 2 Ice fishing north of St Walburg for Christmas. Can't wait!
  9. This is purely to protect him form the minor league portion of the rule 5 draft. He'd have been gone in a heartbeat.I doubt they see him as major league ready right now
  10. Cespedes re-signs with mets, 4 years 110 million
  11. Yeah I know, pipe dreams. Too bad a minor league union would never work
  12. Until I see a replay with the running clock superimposed on the video when it should gave started and shows definitively that it was longer than 2.4 seconds from when the ball was tipped until Ross released it, i'll believe the raps got hosed. On the replays they did show, it clearly indicated the clock started before Ross even touched it(as it should have when deflected), and he released it with 0.5 seconds left, so unless it took more took an 0.5 seconds to be deflected from Cousins to the point that the clock started, its a bad call.
  13. That's a garbage call... I don't see how they're supposed to judge perfectly how late the clock started on the inbounds.
  14. Great plays stick out in people's minds as do bad plays. Realistically, great and bad plays make up a tiny percentage of a fielder's overall plays. It's the 95% of the other plays that determine whether a guy is good or not. That's why defensive metrics were created, to cut through the bias of the plays that stick out in memory.
  15. You'll be waiting a while. There's a good reason why there is no case being presented for him being valuable defensively. Because no human being with a logical thought process a could actually form one that makes sense.
  16. Woods is done. It's too bad as he had every chance in the world to break Nicklaus' major wins record.
  17. Interesting argument. But you haven't actually made a case for why you think he could be a useful defender except for "another manager played him in the field sometimes last year so maybe he's not actually bad at it and could play more." There's no metric or eye test available that would back up your hypothetical. All objective and subjective evidence gathered on Morales' defense can be summed up in two words "he's bad." When a manager puts Morales in the game at 1b or anywhere else I promise you the thought process is not "well he's an okay defender so we don't need to worry about that today." It's more like "f***, our regular needs a day off/oh f*** our regular is injured....please please don't have a ball hit to Morales today, please please please holy f*** please no."
  18. I'd like to see minor league players in the low levels that didn't get millions in bonuses earn enough money to actually call it at least minimum wage
  19. It's long overdue, but not enough dinosaurs are extinct yet
  20. Looking at my list... I had Gourriel 6th, Rios 8th and Greene 11th. I think I should definitely swap Greene and Rios but in my defense, I thought about this list for all of 20 minutes and sent this in because King reached out and asked if I was going to submit one 3 hours before the deadline.
  21. I know for me, the 2 guys I had the hardest time slotting were Greene and Gourriel Jr, the former because his numbers just haven't matched up with his stuff for basically his entire minor league career, and he still hasn't cracked 100 IP in any season yet, and the latter simply because he has no stateside experience to draw anything from and all anyone really has is Cuban league scouting reports and 1 showcase.
  22. I think it's completely defensible to have alford over Vlad given the latter is still super raw and young. Everything on vlad is still really hype with 1 season of numbers in rookie ball at a really good age. It's damn impressive, but alfords age level and stats are damn fine also, and doing very well in the AFL which is arguably better than the level he just played during the season. That and the CF position vs vlad Jr's still positional uncertainty (does he stay at 3b or end up in LF or 1B as he .. thickens?) Is more than enough to at least defend an Alford #1 ranking
  23. Alford 1 Vlad 2 SRF 3 Tellez 4 Gourriel Jr 5
  24. I'm not even watching the game because of that. You just know the Raptors will be at least -5 to -10 in foul calls when playing the cavs
  25. I don't think what he does on the bases can be called running
×
×
  • Create New...