Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

John_Havok

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,422
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    25

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by John_Havok

  1. Shoot, Donaldson behind on those heaters. Shorten up
  2. Amazing what happens when umps call balls... balls
  3. Check swing strikeout on a pitch on the outside corner, which immediately sends him into a rage about the strike zone
  4. He's been a really good pen arm. I think the more interesting question is do they transition him back to a starting role next season? He threw 130 inning as a starter in AA in 2015, so it wouldn't be unheard of. As a 5th starter he could easily hit 170 innings with starts skipped here and there. Estrada, Happ, Sanchez, Stroman and Biagini would be your 5 and be inexpensive
  5. It's do or die, can't really save flexibility when you have 5 outs left in your season
  6. Statcast on Navarro would be embarrassing. Single digit speed
  7. I don't understand why you wouldn't pinch run for the slowest runner in baseball
  8. f*** announcers... who the f*** would bunt now down 3 in the 8th?
  9. Never underestimate the value of having cheap contollable 55s on your roster
  10. Yeah, nothing wrong with putting him up to Vancouver and getting some more advanced competition before taking on full season as a 20 year old.
  11. I don't think anyone thinks managers don't matter, just that over 162 games, they probably have very little overall impact on a teams win loss record, something like 3-5 games tops, and the difference between the best and worst managers is nowhere near what people think it is. Once a guy gets a managerial job, it's pretty safe to assume he knows just as much about baseball as any other manager. The real talent in a manager is how he manages the egos and the psyche of his players. Theres probably truth that certain managers don't belong in certain clubhouses, guys like Cito who was known as a veterans manager probably wouldn't get along well with teams like the Cubs, made up primarily of younger guys. Theres probably also truth that some managers don't manage the post season well, like I and several others are seeing in John Gibbons.
  12. I think the lists that actually rank numerically would,leave him off, but maybe lists like Sickels would have him towards a C+ ranking, which is pretty decent for what will be a second year high schooler. I wonder if he gets challeneged with full season ball next year or not. That would be pretty aggressive
  13. Strike zone maps from the game. http://www.brooksbaseball.net/pfxVB/zoneTrack.php?&game=gid_2016_10_14_tormlb_clemlb_1/&innings=yyyyyyyyy&month=10&day=14&year=2016
  14. Is it broken now then? If Martin could just get back to his opposite field approach rather than selling out for pull power, he'd be fine. I think they'll wreck tomlin today though
  15. Suck it Ortiz, .472 OPS Clutch
  16. Really have to get on their SP early and get a lead. The less we see of Miller, the better
  17. One thing baseball doesn't want... Toronto in the world series. Nielson ratings, which is what all the networks use down there for advertising rates etc,...do not cover canada so having the Jays in the world series would be awful from a monetary perspective. It's just a fact. Cubs and Red Sox series and everyone in MLB would have non stop erections for weeks. I don't think there's any fix or anything like that going on, that's just how it is. It's no different than how ratings in canada would nosedive if the Olympic hockey final was Finland vs Sweden. And as I write this, Travis Shaw strikes out and the MLB brass will have to re-up on their Cialis prescriptions.
  18. To be fair, could have probably put 7 or 8 guys up there
  19. Nope its not a real award, but it can still be discussed.
  20. For my money, I'll take Donaldson. Dude is a beast.
  21. I'd take more satisfaction in beating Boston, but I'd rather see them beat by Cleveland..... so I guess i'd rather play Cleveland
  22. Exactly. There's no need for that's kind of crap to be initiated or even retaliated if they throw it first. It's garbage baseball
  23. Quick hit on the Pillar homer and how ridiculous it was http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/instagraphs/kevin-pillar-hit-a-stupid-home-run/
×
×
  • Create New...