Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Laika

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    38,554
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    90

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Laika

  1. 3/25 is a bit too rich for Chavez. WAR be damned, he still falls into the "swing man" archetype, and the market wouldn't grant him that much money. Jason Hammel and Edinson Volquez got 2/20 last season The last guy I can think of kind of like Chavez that hit FA was Carlos Villanueva, actually. I think he got 2/$10
  2. Hendriks is good and all but he's also a glaring example of how easy it can be to find good relievers. Toronto's need at SP and position on the win curve are factors that need to be considered here. It's not as simple as 4 years of this WAR vs 1 year of this WAR. Jesse Chavez is also a cool dude. Skinny and tatted. Him and Osuna can chill and do whatever it is that Mexicans do. Smoke burritos?
  3. Hendriks is a weird case because his velocity bump as a reliever was way more than you'd expect. He gained like four mph. Hard to say if he can start games or not. I don't really think he has the repertoire for it and if I had to guess, I doubt Oakland will even want him to start. He's more of a late inning RP to me.
  4. The Rockies are f***ing retarded. That is all.
  5. Wandy Rodriguez will likely start and have value to a rebuilding team? Ok.... I see the angle on Godley and Bassitt though. I like Bassitt. If my team was dogshit I'd be all over him. Like flies on dogshit.
  6. You gunning for 9th place this year?
  7. Spencer Patton is good! Never heard of Frandy but that's a 70 grade first name.
  8. Very unlikely that you'll get a fair offer for Ortiz from any of the agist bigots in this league
  9. Deal #2 David Wright to Dr_Dinger Blake Swihart + Michael Kopech to me
  10. god no David Wright is the hill that I'll die on
  11. Evan Longoria to me Carlos Santana to TCA
  12. yeah but some outlets don't even tell people to do breaths anymore because most civilians don't do them properly just punch the future corpse repeatedly in the sternum... to the tune of stayin alive
  13. hi respond to me because I need to sleep soon thx
  14. Criff Pendleton is a relief pitcher that throws in the low 90s.
  15. 2014 Trout! lol
  16. What are your thoughts on Puig? Your son plays with him. Well this is between you and me, but I'll tell you what. When the highest paid player on the Los Angeles Dodgers goes to the owner to discuss what the team needs to do to improve and says "you've got to get rid of Puig", that tells you all you need to know. Wow. So that's an Adrian Gonzalez quote? Adrian isn't the highest paid player. So a Kershaw quote? I didn't say his name. .... lmao @ Cano's season being the worst 3rd hitting every day position player season he has ever seen. Look at the stats! - Worst defensive 2nd baseman he has ever seen. - GM, coaches all got fired because of Cano.
  17. Stars and scrubs Sands + Johnson + Swisher + Murphy + Urshella + Aviles + Bourn + Ramiez + Moss + Gomes = 0.4 fWAR in about 2500 plate appearances They were 10th in positional WAR and 8th in pitching WAR, so the role players collectively really let them down by not contributing a handful of wins.
  18. Are you driving the GoGo fan bus now?
  19. He'll almost certainly at least opt out after 2020. They controlled Stanton through 2017 anyway. He basically sold three free agent years at 3/$77 in exchange for an insurance policy worth $218M over seven years. If he remains awesome, he'll opt out at 30 and get a 10 year, $300MM contract. If injuries ruin his career he won't opt out and still be absurdly rich. If it looks like he'll opt out during the 2020 season and the Marlins suck, it could be one of the most interesting trade deadlines ever. Imagine landing Stanton for your team's stretch run?
  20. I love Villar He's a speedster with great positional versatility and some pop. Been around for a few years but is still super young. Could actually turn into some WARz, some day. Let's also take a moment to acknowledge the existence of a professional baseball pitcher with the first name Cy
×
×
  • Create New...