Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Laika

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    38,553
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    90

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Laika

  1. This is my favourite part: "I still think the process, actually, was right. The thought process was right." Ok dere bud. Team is screwed with this guy. Failing is one thing. Even failing this hard, it can happen to the best. But failing so hard and then not even accepting responsibility? Not even entertaining the notion of auditing your thought processes that got you here? f*** man. Like, what the hell is this crap from AA? He says that he feels guilty and then he basically denies that they even made any mistakes. He's a natural born politician.
  2. Meanwhile, it'll be Hurl and I in the PL finals. A team that had no business finishing 1st vs. a team that I can't believe finished 7th.
  3. Looks like I'm bowing out. The bats went limp. Min vs. FTD in the finals. Min would be the heavy favourite I suppose. Although Kats could still knock him off with a big power game from Zimm.
  4. You have to start most/all of them. Wins are tied and you're trailing in 2 of the rate stats. Sitting on Ks/ERA would be dumb. Kats also his Cliff going against the Mets, so it's not likely that he'll roll any of the rate stats over to you on his own.
  5. All a commish can really do is force add/drops. There's no way to edit team statistics or change standings or matchups or anything. We could institute some small punishments I guess, if people ever add an owned player and accrue stats from them. Something like getting moved to the bottom of the inseason waiver order, or losing draft picks. Not sure if it's really necessary though. Maybe it is. Could be a graduated system with worse punishments for subsequent strikes / playoff offenses.
  6. I don't agree with the narrative induced myopia that everyone comes down with when justifying the Shields trade. Funny that TB is even more of a contending team, and they took the other end of the trade. KC wasn't even a contending team when they made the trade. Getting a solid #2 like Shields helped them become a fringe contender that will probably finish a few games over .500 but fall short of the 2nd wildcard. They should have been building for the long haul. They got impatient and it's going to cost them significant value. Odorizzi will probably be a decent big leaguer at some point too. Wade Davis has been pretty bad. You could throw this deal and the Dickey deal into the same bin, even if KC wins ~13 more games this year. Pretty ugly trades that will forever make me think, "WTF?"
  7. If that had happened, we would just say that I was in the 3rd place game instead and we'd have to keep track of the final week matchup scores by ourselves. Wouldn't have been a massive deal.
  8. schwoops thought he was a nobody
  9. Methinks I'm not making the finals
  10. Pretty sure I've seen something similar to this already done
  11. But Colorado and San Fran both won!
  12. LOL, there's someone that JP shouldn't have pissed off
  13. "My first couple of years, I drove in a lot of runs, hit .230, (was among the leaders in) catcher production, and still it wasn’t ever going to be good enough." I LOVE LOVE LOVE how he says "hit .230" like it was a good thing.
  14. No, you f***ing goober. Trout.
  15. So if the Houston Astros had a 20 WAR player, he wouldn't be in the running for the MVP award? Individual awards shouldn't be dependent on team success. It's not Trout's fault that he plays for a stupid franchise that can't spend money properly.
  16. Lind is a $5 platoon DH for the Jays next year. If you're filling DH cheaply in free agency, that's basically what you look for anyway. With several bigger needs, might as well just pick up the option. ... can't believe I just said that.
  17. I think they'll try to start McGowan and it won't work out. I also like Hutch more than that, just not in 2014. Long term I think he'll be very solid.
  18. David Ortiz will haunt your dreams all winter. Amazing that your guys even made it close after all those torch jobs
  19. No s*** he would. That's probably a lot more than he'd get on the open market. I doubt the Jays offer it though. This is the team that signed Cordero because ERA. You really think they have any confidence in JJ?
  20. I probably need one more hit or walk...
  21. Might also be able to win with a single HR, which could flip SLG. Or a single and double maybe.
  22. No, you just become a Darrell. Even better.
  23. Yeah, you have to like Ortiz' odds of at least getting a hit and a walk against Nova, or something like that. 400 wOBA. It would be a rare occurrence for him to completely blank against a righty.
  24. Nava double gets everything a bit closer for me. Ortiz single for BTS' bench.
  25. Sure, there's a reason for AA to offer Johnson some type of contract, but I can't think of why Josh Johnson would be so dumb as to accept it. Who takes a pillow contract in the AL East? JJ would have to have an IQ in the 70's, or the Blue Jays would have to offer many millions more than the next highest team. I just can't see it happening. Well, I'd be very surprised. And I don't really care either, JJ is a flake. Even if you buy into his fielding independent stats from this year, he's still a guy that pitched just 81 innings, 2 years after pitching just 60. I'll take one of him and Morrow in the starting 5 for the upside they have, but a rotation with both of them is doomed. DOOOOOOOOMED.
×
×
  • Create New...