Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

leaffie

Verified Member
  • Posts

    781
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by leaffie

  1. Not attacking, but just wondered why anyone would think vladdy will rebound. Every year he gets progressively worse, with no signs that he is listening. Someone here said there were reports that the Jays had brought in numerous advisers to help, to no avail.
  2. The biggest question if you don't fire Atkins, is how long will Rogers put up with this. He has had 7 years to get this team, with this payroll to playoff success. Last years exit was either on Schneider or the analytics, and there was just as much anger then. Now the same team, has done it again this year, just in a different manner. Shapiro and Atkins came here with lots of promises, none which have been fulfilled. Where is the steady stream of talent coming from the minors? What success has this management team had? They were big fish in a little pond and have proven they just don't know how to build a team that competes in the ALE, and I don't mean making the playoffs because they added another seed. Lengthy discussion this morning on MLB Sirius, and one of the commentators made an excellent point. There has never been any accountability on this team for dumb plays, and he said it was all year, and he was absolutely right. What did Atkins do to help with the offense, when everyone and their dog knew it was not good enough. James Click is waiting and The entire regime should be fired .
  3. If the decision to remove Berrios was not Schneider’s and it was from the FO. He should have had the guts to stand up for his team and do the right thing. No matter what, he is the manager and it is on his shoulders.
  4. She was the #1 player in the U.S. she works for both ESPN and the Jays. Lay off comments like that.
  5. You know, teams never hesitated to walk Bonds, and yet we constantly pitch to Judge and he constantly beats the jays. Tomorrow if he is in the line up, he should never get a chance to swing the bat.
  6. I didnt like the hiring at the time and said so. Shapiro and Atkins had little success in Cleveland until finally they lucked into playoffs in one of the worst divisions. I thought AA should have been given the chance to do the rebuild, but Shapiro promised a new wave of talent every year with constant playoff appearances. As each year has come and gone, none of those promises have materialized. Everyone that is on this board obviously loves the jays, and now have reached the point, that the team just even getting to the playoffs is the goal. Not what we were promised. Shapiro’s goal is and has always been to get to the commissioner’s chair. He is a businessman, not a baseball man. I watch a lot of baseball, not just the Jays, and there are lots of teams that are very likeable, and this team just isnt one of them, and Atkins did nothing to fix it. Unfortunately, as a fan that saw the first game, and all the struggles before the world series wins, and everything since, I am old and may not make it long enough to see this team repaired and it makes me sad. I could go on about what should have been done, but it would just be my opinion and we all know what opinions are worth. But I think the biggest mistake this team ever made was losing AA. promised
  7. Well I wouldnt want the crew running things right now making any decisions. When they came on board they mocked AA for his use of the prospects, and said their plan was to have a steady flow of talent Well all these years later. We have one of the largest payrolls, and no success. I doubt Rogers will put up with this for another year
  8. Maybe it is time for this board to institute a waiting period for new members. Bad enough the Jays are playing so badly ( well some ) but having to fight your way through this constant barrage of crap. But all the idiots thanking themselves and each other all signed up in the last month or so. My six year old grand has more sense.
  9. For god’s sake, how old are you? 10 or 11
  10. Alex Avila was on Sirius mlb the other day. He was asked about best catchers in league and who impressed him coming up. Said Kirk, was the best at blocking and framing and had improved tremendously this year. Thought sky was the limit for him
  11. This is the most boring baseball game.
  12. Come on Vladdy, do something
  13. Of course they are, but the majority of this crap comes from posters that signed up in Aug. or Sept. with nothing constructive to add to this board. You can be a jays fan and hate the mess that this season has been, and hate the way Vladdy plays the game, but for the love of god, give it a rest.
  14. We ALL know he is overweight and we ALL know he is having a terrible season. I find it incredibly juvenile, and I doubt there is anyone calling him that, that would say it to his face.
  15. For gods sake, I dont know if this board has been taken over by one idiot who keeps changing his name and thanking himself, or a bunch have banded together. But this is ridiculous, with your fatty G comments, and your bathroom stall exploits, do us a favour and SHUT THE f***,UP.
  16. I have always thought he would make a good manager
  17. Has he been dropped once this year??
  18. And that is exactly what everyone has said all this year. Maybe there are undisclosed injuries, maybe there is not enough protection in the line up, or maybe those players have regressed, but this FO has now had 8 years to get it together. The farm system is in the bottom, the Jays are not even close to what most fans and members of this board had hoped, and when you look ahead I dont see much hope for the future. When the new FO took over, their whole thing was sustainability, constant supply of new young talent, and it all sounds wonderful. But it hasnt worked.
  19. This is the first year in the last ten, that I havent gone to Seattle to see the series. And I have thought all year that there is something wrong with the make up of this team. Obviously I dont know what it is, but there never seemed to be any importance to winning. Always excuses, but no changes to try and fix it.
  20. There was a report that came out about Bo’s childhood and his supposed abuse from Dante. Bo never responded and I never saw anything again. I was surprised that there was even any mention because Bo was working with him during strike etc. All I know, is that everyone was hitting better when Dante was with team, whether he was responsible or not, who knows. But it cant be any worse.
  21. Because all year, the comments on this board are about WHEN these three turn it around, the team will go on a run. Well they havent figured it out yet. I think Springer is injured. Kirk, for whatever reason has never been right since he arrived late, and Vladdy never seems to learn it is him that has to adjust. Every pitcher in this league has learned to feed him a steady diet,of low and outside and he will swing out of his shoes. This team should be able to beat up on the lousy teams, and split with the good ones. How is their record in the AlE. Believe me, I would like nothing better than to see a real run like last year, but I have no confidence it is happening. Arent they something like 26 or 28 in mlb in hitting with Risp. Even if one if them turns it around, it wont be good enough. How many games have they lost by one run? I can only go by what I see, not projections that might never happen
  22. IMO this team was put together on the premise that vladdy and Kirk and springer would continue their offence. They certainly improved their defense, which was needed. But the offence they were depending on is non existent. Those three are not turning it around in the next two months, and even if they manage to get close to career norms, this is not a winning team. They might make the playoffs because of the pitching, but like last year, they arent going anywhere. And believe me, it kills me to say this.
  23. Is it my imagination, or are the Jays always down in the first inning, no matter the pitcher.
  24. I find it very sad for for this team, that the pitchers are announced and my first thought, was “oh no, not Manoah. He used to be my favourite player
  25. I thought he looks as if he has lost a little weight. No big roll around waist
×
×
  • Create New...