I think if Tellez had been hitting at all earlier in the season, they would have tried Vlad at 3B and Tellez at 1B for a bit. Biggio was crap at 3B but they had no reason to try moving Vladdy off of 1B.
If signing a guy like Freeman is a real possibility, I think you gotta at least try to make it work.
Miguel Cabrera was able to move back to 3B and play adequately enough for 2 seasons at a much older age with a lot less skill there than Vlad has.
Extremely disagree with this, its exactly what caused the rebuild during 2017-2019.
Athopoulis cared only about the short term and that got us exactly 0 World Series appearances and 3 years of s***** teams after.
You have to play the long game. Field a competitive team every year and hope you run into a WS title.
Marte in CF/RF and Biggio at 2nd would be a great way to replace Semien’s contributions. Would also mean we would have a legit 2nd CF and could punt Grichuk. Sign Dickerson back and have a pretty nice bench with Dickerson/Gurriel, Espinal/Biggio, Kirk/Jansen...
Still need to solve 3B though
Looks like the loss of Muncy is really hurting the Dodgers. I suppose we’ll see how the offense fares the next couple games.
Although I guess Belt being injured too kinda evens the odds...
So true. You’d have less “banker bro” types at the games but you’d get all the locals from Mississauga/Brampton and probably more regulars from places like Oakville, Barrie, Burlington, Hamilton, etc.