Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

G-Snarls

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    42,164
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    22

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by G-Snarls

  1. Scherzer has so far more K's and W's than anyone else that's it's hard to see the writers going with anyone else despite an ERA that's not as good as a dozen other guys with as many games started. In the NL, Kimbrel COULD legitimately steal it from Kershaw. They've both had KILLER seasons.
  2. Can anyone see Rivera getting it ahead of Scherzer this year?? How many voters will rank him 1 or 2 in part for sentimentality? I mean he's been very very good too but I don't want Scherzer robbed.
  3. This guy sez "I can help": http://doubleswitchesanddoubleheaders.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/bs19.jpg (Brian McCann)
  4. Lawrie, Janssen and Sanchez for Price and Longoria Holy money swap!
  5. Sure on your second point I'm not down with ANY plan that doesn't involve paying $$ to nab a quality catcher If they don't I might not even be able to watch next year
  6. I would have thought they'd get more for Price than Shields, but maybe not?? I wonder if most GM's see Price as about to start deteriorating.
  7. Correct to 2013 and I'll agree with you
  8. I'm only down with it if Rasmus + good reliever + decent prospect gets us a decent SP and we sign Choo to replace him. Otherwise our OF is too weak. (Cabrera, Gose, Bautista with crap backups won't cut it)
  9. I also wish we had the trade chips to land him, but AA vs Friedman is a battle best avoided
  10. Yeah true Or maybe trade deadline 2014. Even at that point he has a year and a half on control left. But not cheap control. Funny how winning a Cy Young award seems to boost your arbitration case quite nicely. He's already over 10MM and he's still two years away from free agency. (of course, he's worth more than double that on the free agent market so Tampa is still "saving" in relative terms)
  11. Sad truth is we can probably only make a trade for someone good if we trade away a major league player(s) and replace them via free agency. And that's the expensive way to do it.
  12. Still love the guy:
  13. Tampa @ Houston doesn't draw either
  14. Translation 2: We already regret Evan Longoria's contract extension and we may have to trade him too. We thought we could afford, for once, to keep ONE measly, stinkin', good player past their arbitration years OK?!?!?! Throw me a frickin' bone here! I thought we'd finally get an attendance increase after putting a good product on the field every year despite a shoestring budget! The TV money won't be enough. Translation 3: Our fanbase sucks
  15. True Just ask the Tigers. Too much down time is bad.
  16. Translation: David Price will be traded this off season #BigFatArbitrationRaise
  17. This is sad: The Rays drew 1,510,300 for their 81 home games, their lowest total since 2007 (before the run of six straight winning seasons), and giving them a major league-low average of 18,646. "We budget for certain numbers and we're extraordinarily conservative when it comes to expectations and budgeting, but it was below our expectations," Sternberg said, noting that the combination of the team over-performing on the field and under-performing at the gate "is not ideal." Without getting into specifics, Sternberg said there would be an impact on next season's budget, although a long postseason run could make up for the revenue shortfall. The Rays ranked 28th this season with an opening day payroll of about $58 million. Sternberg said it was not fair for the Rays, who play 76 games against the other rugged AL East teams, to be battling with the Indians and Rangers, who each benefit from having two of the league's worst teams in their divisions.
  18. Somehow I forgot about him... He was VERY forgettable. Hahaha.
  19. Never happen, MLB likes the extra "races" Our best bet is for some central team to relocate farther east than Toronto and we get moved to the AL Central Or for MLB to go back to balanced schedules, which would still help, but help less
  20. The only absolute F's for me are Bonifacio, JPA and Josh Johnson (I'm being nice to Morrow cause it's hard to grade such an absentee) The other relatively bad years are D at worst What's league average? I'm thinking C. That's about how school grades work out I think.
  21. Ken Rosenthal has been all over this Pointed out how much easier the Indians had it, making it easier to make the playoffs http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/unbalanced-schedule-unfair-al-east-teams-wild-card-race-092213 Now the Rays brass are ripping about it too. I feel their pain. (well not really, at least they keep making the playoffs! LOL) http://www.tampabay.com/sports/baseball/rays/rays-owner-sternberg-attendance-will-affect-payroll/2143756
  22. I tried to bet BTS last year that Pujols would have a higher OPS in 2013 than he did in 2012. I'm glad he didn't take the bet.
  23. Sure. Few players cost a team more wins than JPA. Pujols not quite as bad as I thought this year (.258/.330/.437) but they obviously expected a lot better than that
  24. Albert Pujols - LVP?
×
×
  • Create New...