Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

G-Snarls

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    42,177
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by G-Snarls

  1. I will admit that I have enjoyed XL burgers from Fatburger more than once in Vegas. But I'd never go to this Heart Attack place.
  2. Possibly. Odds are improved with all that medical staff around though right? http://www.theburgernerd.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/waitstaff-heart-attack-grill-las-vegas.jpg http://a1.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/92/881dd90ecdb74977a5aeff29d79a5d98/l.jpg
  3. Have you guys heard of this place? http://www.heartattackgrill.com/heart-attack-grill.html http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7vF5nH3KB3w/Ud7m_FeCRfI/AAAAAAAACp4/x1UQJZEABBE/s1600/Heart+Attack+Grill+Signage+3.jpg
  4. The Southern USA just doesn't give a s***, you know? You want a 1200 calorie burger that might kill you? Here you go!
  5. GM's both need and yet probably hate pitchers at the same time
  6. Not as good as the Subway cookie I had with lunch. Hot damn those things are good.
  7. Marlins' Jacob Turner placed on DL today with "right shoulder strain"
  8. It's hard to swallow letting him walk and paying 5 million dollars You're probably better off better off trying to trade him and eating some salary.
  9. I don't think years of service matter. League minimum for a major league contract is $500,000 so that's probably what he'd sign for. I can't see him accepting a minor league deal (where you can pay less)
  10. http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/mlb/players/full/5411.png&w=350&h=254
  11. Mets need a closer. Who else? Trade Janssen at the all star break if he's healthy. You can't have my Santos
  12. LOL exactly How often does someone see that guy and NOT miss 1.5 years?
  13. http://www.tampabay.com/sports/baseball/rays/rays-matt-moore-placed-on-15-day-dl-mri-inconclusive/2174188 KANSAS CITY, Mo. — The news on Matt Moore's sore elbow was obviously not good Tuesday, as the Rays are sending their talented left-hander immediately to see noted specialist Dr. James Andrews.
  14. Not yet because Happ is still rehabbing. But in 2-3 weeks that becomes a distinct possibility. If Morrow gets hurt or someone else stinks it up and gets demoted, I'd rather give the spot to Redmond.
  15. True. I'll shed no tears if we lose Sierra, same as I didn't when we designated Jeffress for assignment. (decision time must be nearing on him I suppose?) But Redmond I want to hang on to. He's better than fringe, he just can't be optioned.
  16. He was fine when he was a cheap #5 starter for 2M. He's not anymore at 5.2M.
  17. Well here's the thing. If we release him we owe him 5.2M for this year and 200k (I think) to buy out his option for next year. So 5.4M. After we release him, there probably would be a few teams that would sign him on a 1 year deal. But they have no motivation to pay much (released players by definition tend to be desperate fringe guys), nor does Happ really care how much the new team pays him because we still have to pay the difference. Say the Rangers sign him. Whether they pay him 500k or 2.0M, it deosn't matter to him, he gets paid the same total amount either way. It's just a matter of how much of it the Jays pay vs how much the Rangers pay. And he JUST MIGHT want to f*** his old team over by signing for as little as he can. (no expert in the area, but I reserached this 2 years ago when I thought they should release Adam Lind. Which I'm glad they didn't LOL)
  18. Well you can always release any player, any time you want. But you still have to pay their salary. If another team then signs him for X dollars, you pay (contract salary - X)
  19. If he were only making 2M it would be easier to swallow. Someone else would sign him for 1M, cutting the Jays loss to 1M. His contract extension was dumb.
  20. He has enough major league service time that he can't be optioned without his consent. That's the problem.
  21. Nice. I hadn't considered how long you can keep Hall on rehab assignment. That helps buy time to see how McGowan and Morrow hold up. My Sierra/Gose flip idea can be done at any time obviously. But it feels inevitable.
  22. That's all you need! Jack Z school of asset management FTW.
×
×
  • Create New...