Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Brownie19

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,074
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    42

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brownie19

  1. Is an article really necessary? Maybe they should write an article about how Trout's a good player too...
  2. My thoughts exactly. What kind of a world is this where I can't use a theory (which common sense would generally support) to make a point? Damn all these stats and evidence.
  3. Signing 30 year old guys who rely primarily on their speed (Reyes) never seems to work out. That said - it was very hard to argue with Bourns results the previous 3 years. As a minimum, you wouldn't expect such a sharp drop off (more like Reyes' decline I guess).
  4. Doesn't it all come down to the fact that Toronto isn't a place where free agents want to sign? We've basically had to trade for every elite player we have because even if we want to spend money, nobody will take it. Here's hoping that winning changes that...Buehrle needs to fly our flag all over the place too haha
  5. reading and/or comprehension isn't you're strong suit eh? Toronto and Cleveland are not desirable locations for free agents. See what Buehrle just said about TO. Toronto and Cleveland both have very strong fan bases. This shouldn't be so difficult.
  6. There is some truth to this, but you also have to give AA credit for exposing the system to benefit the Jays.
  7. It's actually a very similar market to Toronto from a fanbase / FA destination perspective.
  8. Is he related to Todd Shapiro?
  9. More importantly, castoff Cervelli is better than Martin.
  10. Step away from the hot tub time machine man - nothing wrong with Tulo at leadoff. An "RBI guy" haha.
  11. I also find it ironic that Cervelli is better than Russell Martin now....Pittsburgh has really become the place where you go to revive your career (or breakout).
  12. Brantley is awesome - although I'm surprised to see his defense is below average.
  13. Great defense too...
  14. Good lord. You said you don't want him leading off.....my point is the "lead off" position is poorly named as the teams' first batter is only guaranteed to "lead off" one inning a game, which is no big deal. People should view the 1st hitter in the lineup as one of your better hitters who you want getting more at bats than you're s***** hitters (ie, Revere). You shouldn't be concerned (to the point you say you don't want him there) with Tulo hitting 1st in the Jays lineup. That's the point. I'm done.
  15. It certainly appears the injuries are affecting his play; however, I don't think anyone should have expected he was more going to post a wRC+ much higher than 110
  16. That seems like a perfectly logical reason to believe he'd fail as the GM...
  17. I sure did. You said you don't like him leading off. My point is he's only guaranteed to be the first batter up in an inning once all game. I don't see that as a major concern, seeing as he'll end up leading off an inning hitting 3rd, 4th or 5th somewhat regularly during the course of a season. You then you talked about the "having your best hitter leading off" theory, claiming that's dumb because he isn't the teams best hitter. I explained you have that theory wrong.
  18. You guys seem to have a lot of friends on meds. That's scary.
  19. No I don't, because I doubt many MLB writers (who vote) would even know that stat, or pay any attention to it.
  20. You don't like him leading off once a game? That theory isn't "having your best hitter leading off" - it's having your best hitters at the top of the lineup so they get the most at bats. Career .370 OBP with average speed makes him a good candidate....especially since the JD/Bats/E5 alignment is obviously comfortable on those roles.
  21. I heard that. He was also saying he doesn't believe in 99.9% of sabrmetric stats, which made me giggle. It is amazing to see that Donaldson has provided more value on the base paths this year than Trout. I know they cut down on Trout's SB attempts to help limit injuries, but I figured he'd still be one of the most valuable base runners in baseball. Stats say otherwise.
  22. The benefit of moving E5 and opening up the DH role isn't to free up 600 at bats for Colabello - it's to allow Jose, Tulo, Martin, etc. the opportunity to DH from time to time - hopefully to keep them fresh and healthy.
  23. The steroid era is over (errr at least we think/hope it is) - players are once again declining at age 32...
  24. Who on earth started ROFL? Like honestly, has anyone actually rolled around on the floor laughing? and if you did - what made you think we need an acronym for this extremely rare occasion? dumn.
×
×
  • Create New...