Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Brownie19

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,100
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    43

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brownie19

  1. Brownie19

    NHL Thread

    The upcoming battle of Alberta is causing them to show a lot of old hockey highlights from the 80's and 90's and my god was the hockey ever terrible back then. I can see why fighting had to be a major part of the sport. The talent level and speed is awful and is only topped by how s***** the goaltending was. 200 points by Wayne back in the day looks like the equivalent of 80 points in 2022.
  2. I don't understand this. Tapia is the 4th OFer and on average the 4th OFer gets like 550 PA's a year. The front office traded to get Tapia as our 4th OFer, so if that constitutes their obsession, then I guess. They obviously see something in him and I can't say I blame them for not cutting bait on him yet. Are you just suggesting they should pull the plug on him as our 4th OFer and find a better option? To be honest, I'd probably rather see Gardner out there too - but I'm not sure he can do much except play LF at this stage, which limits his value as a 4th/5th OFer.
  3. How on earth does he go from a 30% K rate over his past 650+ PA's in AA/AAA to only 15% in 100 PA's this year? Swing change? Did he go to the optometrist?
  4. Send him down FFS. Shatkins needs to make a move.
  5. This team f***ing sucks. Did Chapman get a hip replacement this year? How is he this bad?
  6. what a f***ing disappointment he's been.
  7. Alvarez certainly gets overshadowed by the Soto, Tatis, Vlad, Acuna's of the world. I know he's a DH, but this guys bat is on the same level. Next David Ortiz?
  8. https://blogs.fangraphs.com/an-overdue-barrel-rate-refresher/ Article on batters 'barreling' baseballs and pitchers giving up 'barrels' (and whether they have much control over that or not). I skim read a few paragraphs, but thought I'd post anyway.
  9. Also a proud member of his fan club. Will always root for Rowdy.
  10. which still makes him a 4 WAR player - which is all star level.
  11. Reminds me a bit of Danny Barnes. Didn't throw hard, but he lit up the minor leagues with high K% and great control, but unfortunately it never really translated in the bigs.
  12. I don't disagree - there's no way of really having a crystal clear, black and white answer on this matter. However, I do believe the stats suggest lineup protection isn't a thing. I do struggle with that having played baseball for the past 30+ years myself. If I had some shitbag hitting behind me, pitchers would pitch around me more and I would try to expand a bit, knowing the guy behind me sucks. Also - there's a difference between pressing at the plate and changing your approach based on lineup protection. You can be pressing at the plate with a superstar behind you - example, Bichette, Bo.
  13. Nobody (with logic) expected the Jays to finish the year #1 in slugging, OPS or runs scored this year. That would be a foolish expectation. Do we think we have a Top 10, probably Top 5 offense? Yes. Is RISP and extremely random stat with lots of luck involved? yes it is. Right now we're a bit snake bitten with RISP, but over the course of 162 games, it should normalize - which will help our runs scored rise. And as pointed out, it's not like our SLUG% or OPS% have plummeted, we're still Top 10 in each.
  14. That isn't true. BB% and K% fluctuate throughout the year. Last year Vlad's best offensive month was June (220 wRC+), but he also had a K% of 24% In September his K% was only 12%. You can't just watch his BB% and K% regress back to his career averages (or better) and caulk that up to Teo returning and give yourself the W.
  15. awesome stuff. I think at one point Boone and the umpire almost kissed...that's what was trending on social media last night.
  16. There is a f***ton of truth in this post.
  17. Happy to see Katoh got his first ML hit before this. I hope we can keep him in AAA somehow. Swiss army knife type.
  18. Nice to see Rowdy off to a hot start. Chase rate and Barrel % has improved a lot so far to go along with his elite EV's. He might have a couple 130+ wRC+ seasons as he enters his prime.
  19. https://www.thescore.com/mlb/news/2352206/watch-bumgarner-ejected-during-heated-exchange-after-hand-check MadBum ejected for sticky stuff after the first inning. Moron broadcasters are comparing and complaining that they checked MadBum's hands longer than they did the other starter....yeah no s*** - after you feel something sticky, you're probably going to continue feeling it to double check and make sure before you toss the guy.
  20. How can you not love Teo and that infectious smile?
  21. So Jasson Dominguez continues to suck in A-ball. Was he just a hype machine?
  22. Interesting stuff. He suggests Irv Carter's arm action is still very long - and I read that as if that's a bad thing. Can someone explain why that might be and/or what he means by that? I picture a long arm action as a large arm swing (ala Wilmer Font?), but I'm not sure I've seen scouts indicate that's a bad thing. Obviously disappointing to hear Beltre may not be anything (I'd already given up on Eric P.), but good to hear Frasso is back pitching (well).
  23. Brownie19

    NHL Thread

    I heard Domingue had supper between OT periods. Beef and broccoli I believe. Amazing stuff! (him eating a full meal that is - broccoli is s***)
  24. I'll never forget the bomb he hit in the World Baseball Classic v. the US at the Dome. It was f***ing incredible to see live. It was a while back, but I think the live atmosphere was right up there with the EE walk off in the 2016 WC game v. Baltimore for me.
×
×
  • Create New...