Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Terminator

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    22,061
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    113

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Terminator

  1. Yeah it was the offseason at the shops at Caesar's Palace. He was walking around wearing a white Adidas (or maybe Puma?) tracksuit with a white hat and shoes. lol I didn't say anything to him then. I did talk to him at a bar in Denver once though. He was super lowkey and had a big group of friends. None of them said much of ANYTHING the whole time they were there.
  2. In all seriousness you're probably right. I think he's got a slim chance to be a good hitter as he might have had a true talent change in his swing/approach. But even so his problem is more than just that as he cannot field whatsoever. So not only does he need to prove that he can hit, he's going to have to mash to stick.
  3. I've ran in to him a few times in Denver (where I live) and Vegas (where he and my parents live). Talked to him twice. He's just a big introvert and he's not really high energy or anything. The guy barely ever talks. But I agree with you I think he takes baseball really seriously. He's really competitive.
  4. That's good news. I'm more confident that they send down Goins now not Barney. Goins didn't even get in the game as a pinch runner for Jimmy Paredes and once they did put Goins in as a defensive replacement he screwed up that ground ball. I guess they turned to him before Barney though so I'm still not 100% sure.
  5. Toronto Star: Blue Jays to give Jimmy Paredes every chance to succeed: https://www.thestar.com/sports/bluejays/2016/05/19/blue-jays-to-give-jimmy-paredes-every-chance-to-succeed.html "Paredes, the middle infielder the Jays picked up off waivers from Baltimore, is expected to see most of the playing time at second base if he continues to hit." Looks like Gibbons will have a tough decision to make once Travis is back on who to start at 2B.
  6. Hey you guys MLB finally released the official Jimmy Paredes Blue Jays profile pic as you'll see to the left. If you want to use it you can find it here: http://m.mlb.com/player/517370/jimmy-paredes
  7. Jimmy Paredes' doesn't get paid to field. He gets paid for the extra base hits.
  8. Opposite field extra base hits are clearly a big part of Jimmy Paredes' game. I'm just glad no pitchers have been seriously hurt yet.
  9. A Mauer single only ties the game. There is a very very low chance that Mauer ends the game in his AB. You put Mauer on and Sano gets a double or homer and the game is over. Or you put Mauer on and then Sano walks well then a passed ball or another walk loses it. Just too many bad scenarios could play out. I'm sure someone could run the numbers on which is generally the better play but I agree with you in that pitching to Mauer is the better play.
  10. One streak ends (losing streak at 5) and another continues (Jimmy Paredes hit streak at 3).
  11. Jimmy Paredes has outstanding plate coverage.
  12. Just tuned in. Did Jimmy Paredes extend his hit streak yet?
  13. Hell with the Rays games we still had people posting and those were big blowouts.
  14. And these GDT's are dead now. It's already the dog days of summer circa 2012.
  15. Just tuned in to the game guys. How is Jimmy Paredes doing?
  16. Should we do another Jimmy Paredes over/under today? I have a feeling he's going to have a big game.
  17. Ryan Webb barely escaped with his life after he faced Jimmy Paredes.
  18. Oh don't be such a scrooge! I'm getting lots of bites on them. I was going to drop it but Jimmy Paredes has been ripping the ball in his 5 ABs since I started. I was going to stop today but this wacky lineup has Jimmy Paredes playing 2B so I couldn't resist. He also has a non-zero chance to be a decent player IMO. He's going to have hit the ball hard and do it often given those piss poor K and BB ratios but J.D. Martinez, Trevor Story, etc. have shown us a blueprint for that. But hey, if you think the jokes suck (and they probably do) don't worry there will still be plenty of room here for you to cook up trade offers for every individual player on our team during what you hope becomes a 5 year rebuild!
  19. Goins definitely getting sent down went Travis is back. Jimmy Paredes stole his spot in the lineup.
  20. Geezus how much better does that lineup look without Goins in it? Pillar at #9? That lineup just looks better if anything. Plus, it's got Jimmy Paredes in it.
  21. He has plenty of times. That doesn't mean he can though. lol EDIT: Just looked and Paredes played more games at 2B in the minors than he did at any other position. He's worth giving a shot vs righties over Goins though.
  22. Jimmy Paredes' bat cannot be kept out of the lineup. But in all seriousness I like this lineup.
×
×
  • Create New...