Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Terminator

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    22,061
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    113

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Terminator

  1. The offseason is underway! Best time of the year for us armchair GM's.
  2. He's a huge Alex Anthopoulos fan and started following the Dodgers when he was hired.
  3. Do you guys actually like the Ketchup flavored chips? Tried them once and I thought they were gross. I'm willing to try them again though. What's the best brand for that flavor? Old Dutch?
  4. A young man's version of Kendrys Morales.
  5. It's a combination of people cutting cable (other sports aren't fading as bad though), the ridiculous political protests, bad product, and over saturation IMO.
  6. That was horrible baseball by the Astros there. Keuchel walking guys, the botched play by the LF (I think he would have had a chance to get the runner at home) and then the botched play on the steal.
  7. Good points. Also, Colin Kaepernick found himself black-balled for kneeling, albeit in a different league. Imagine if he had a gun charge on top of it. I think baseball has enough cheap teams that Maxwell may get another shot but it wouldn't surprise me if he was done in MLB either. Maybe a Korean or Japanese team would take a chance on him.
  8. The better you are the more you can overcome these things but like you said he's not that great to begin with. For an okay backup to cause controversy by kneeling, the waiter story and now this gun charge they might be thinking of cutting him loose at this point. He's not worth all the trouble.
  9. Waaaaay too early for this IMO. We've got 1/6th of the season left. I've been taking notes all year and I need to see how things shake out the final two months before I can definitively hand out any awards. December 1st is the earliest this thread should go up.
  10. *Claims he doesn't want to start any drama. *Is also a huge drama queen.
  11. TO media predictably throwing a fit over Gurriel not being suspended for the WS games. 5 games seems pretty harsh to me but thank god they had the sense not to suspend him during the WS. Geezus I think a fine or maybe two games next year would be more appropriate.
  12. I wonder if it's just some sort of cultural thing. He's a big simple-talking Texan so maybe the people of TO just simply think he's stupid. Our casual fanbase is also one of the dumbest in all of MLB as well IMO.
  13. Thanks for the clarification. But if he's not on board with his buddy's story than he can clarify it. Everyone and their mom thinks it's him who said it. If he disagrees he should probably pipe up otherwise it seems like he's adopted the story as his own.
  14. Yeah I'm not buying Maxwell's story either. It just makes no sense. If the waiter really did recognize him I think he'd be more excited that he might get a good tip off a guy who makes some pretty good money rather than trying to make some political statement.
  15. I was one of the few who was sad to see him leave. He's always productive for a backend SP. The backup C spot matters but Thole couldn't have been any worse than the slop we trotted out there last year anyway. Dickey is annoying to have on the team but at the end of each season the juice is worth the squeeze when it comes to him.
  16. Dickey's option was declined (= to 7.5 mil). Kind of surprising as he's coming off a good year.
  17. For sure but that was before he had his best offensive season. Granted, it was only 150 AB's but he hit more homers in those 150 AB's than he did in the previous 4 minor league seasons combined.
  18. At the same time though I think you might have been decreasing his WAR too much, too quickly. I don't think his skillset falls off at a WAR a year pace while he's still in his 20's. I think that half WAR falloff would start around age 32 or so wouldn't it?
  19. They probably don't pay them much, if anything, at all. At least they didn't when I tried to get one 6 years ago.
  20. Nice I didn't know that. I went to a few games there before and it was brutal. Stadium sucks and it's in a bad location. Add in the summer heat and the only time anyone went was Thirsty Thursdays when beers were a dollar. Even then people would only go when it was relatively cool out. If it's near Red Rock (a really nice casino for locals) and the stadium is better they should get more buzz.
  21. Even the players hate it. I was on a flight from Vegas to TO once and Joe Inglett was on it. He said he hated playing in Vegas. The park and facilities suck and it's way too hot there to play baseball in the summer.
  22. Loup and Carrera are worth their projected salaries IMO. Carrera is a little bit harder to justify because he's not an ideal 4th OF because of his lack of ability to play CF. And with Pearce probably already on the bench as mainly a LF and Morales entrenched as the DH, having another LF only type in Carrera isn't ideal. I think he'd be better suited for a 5th OF role for a NL team. I wonder if he could be traded for anything. I completely agree on Goins and Koehler.
  23. I don't think he's much of an upgrade.
  24. Yeah it's not like you can rank them like the following and then say it's a toss up simply because first isn't that far off from third. 1. Trout 2. Bryant 3. Altuve It's more accurate to think of how you would rank them like this: 1. Trout .... .... .... .... .... ....and so on 2. Bryant 3. Altuve
×
×
  • Create New...