Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Terminator

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    22,061
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    113

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Terminator

  1. Yeah if this doesn't get fixed fast they need to send him down and call Mitch White up. White might be even worse but I don't know if Manoah is going to be able to fix these mechanical issues at the major league level. He needs a break and some time in the minors to work on some things.
  2. That guy was right. Manoah is too fat to handle the pitch clock.
  3. Oh I'm under no allusions about our chances tonight. The Yankees could very well win this game and it wouldn't surprise me at all. But for an org like that to field a lineup with reclamation projects like Bauer and Calhoun is embarrassing.
  4. Bauers leading off and Calhoun batting 5th? The Yankees should be embarrassed.
  5. Jaw saw that the Yankees are are panicking and are going to resort to gimmicks tonight by using Jimmy Cordero as an opener. Brito will be the bulk pitcher to follow. Let's shell them both and pray Manoah buckles down against them like he did last time.
  6. Yeah I can't remember seeing anything that bad before. Brutal.
  7. Reported myself for posting about politics.
  8. Lol what more do you guys want out of him? The numbers and results are there, he's got the peripherals to back them up, and his Statcast page has more red than the Congressional districts of the State of Texas. But because you guys watched a couple of games where he gave up some runs he's not very good? His career ERA is 2.65 and his FIP this year is better than ever. In no way am I comparing him to Mariano Rivera but he's the GOAT and his career ERA is 2.11 for reference.
  9. Alek Manoah Suxxx https://blogs.fangraphs.com/alek-manoah-is-falling-apart-at-the-seams/
  10. This is so true. Cito HATED Olerud. The guy was a near Hall of Fame talent (he might have had 60 WAR if Cito didn't jerk his chain so much early on) and Cito ran him out of town.
  11. At one point in the exchange you can see Harper tell the Rockies that everyone in the entire organization is a loser lol
  12. May has def been the month of sweeps. I don't think this one will end up in a sweep though. I think it will either be 3-1 Jays or a 2-2 tie. Manoah vs. Brito Gausman vs. German Bassit vs. Cole Berrios vs. Cortes Then we get the Orioles and I think we will spank them. After that though, we go to the Trop for 4 games and Gausman is the lone starter who doesn't line up to pitch in that series. I'm already dreading that one.
  13. He was dealing with the stress of his pregnant wife being abused by a flight attendant. Now that that's over he's rounding into form.
  14. Oh I'm sorry...I'll wait for a sample size that's larger than "several bad seasons in a row" before I make any more assumptions about Bellinger lol
  15. Gausman- 3.38 (2.29 FIP) Bassitt- 3.49 (4.86) Kikuchi- 3.89 (5.45 FIP, 4.07 xFIP) Berrios- 4.70 (3.57) Manoah- 4.83 (5.75)
  16. So a good April wipes out not only what he's doing in May, but also what he did in: April 2021 May 2021 June 2021 July 2021 August 2021 September 2021 April 2022 May 2022 June 2022 July 2022 August 2022, and September 2022? Why does April of 2023 mean so much more to you than the other 13 months?
  17. I apologize but I would be doing the board a serious disservice if I didn't point out that Bellinger has a wRC+ of 52 in the month of May. In other words, he had a nice April which is great for a guy who hit like John McDonald the past few years. But it's now struck midnight on the board's Cinderella and his 2023 season is turning back into a pumpkin. Sorry guys.
  18. Atta boy Danny! I always knew I liked that guy!!
  19. Yeah they are definitely the favorites and the train will keep rolling but it was one of those years where they made a strategic choice to not be as aggressive.
  20. My bad, I didn't know you were a man with such fine taste when it comes to free agent centerfield acquisitions. My apologies.
  21. Did Paul Beeston really stop the Jays from being moved to the AL Central? You know how different the last 20 years would be if we were in the Central? That 20 year period where we didn't contend from 1994-2014 would have looked very different. If nothing else changed we would have won several AL Central crowns but with the weaker competition I could see ownership putting more money into the team and winning even more.
  22. Define "heats up again". It seems like your 18 million dollar man has cut his K rate (that is also bottoming out in May) which should prevent him from being the worst hitter in baseball again but he's got career low exit velocities.
  23. Yeah you are right. 9.4% LD rate with a 25% IFFB rate. Yikes.
  24. Kloff is looking good. He's got some pedigree and is performing well as an age appropriate 22 year old in AA. Hopefully he can keep it going. We need to do a better job of churning out some rotation pieces, even if they are backend types.
  25. Kiermaier is outhitting Bellinger (141 wRC+ to 123) and Bellinger has turned back to his pumpkin-like ways since the beginning of May. Just wanted to point that out.
×
×
  • Create New...