Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Terminator

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    22,061
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    113

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Terminator

  1. It is kind of interesting to see the Berrios fallout and who should be blamed. Atkins will often use a bunch of corporate speak to say nothing but he doesn't appear to be a liar to me. And regardless, the Berrios decision had nothing to do with the team scoring a grand total of 1 run in 2 games or Vlad getting picked off of 2nd, both of which were bigger blunders IMO. But if Schneider is doing this crazy s*** on his own accord he has more rope than most of us think and he should be shitcanned. His whacky playoff decisions (which apparently are more his doing than we think?) and the team's repeated baserunning errors aren't getting the job done.
  2. I think it's a case of doing whatever is within your power to make your own luck. And of course next year could definitely be different so cancel whatever plans you have for posting "I was attacked for saying this last year but I told you the rotation wasn't going to be 100 percent healthy next year". No plan on keeping pitchers healthy and effective is going to work 100% of the time. That certainly wasn't the case this year as Ryu was out for half the year, Manoah turned into a pile, Cimber got hurt, etc.
  3. Ross Atkins obviously leaked it to help stave off the casuals calling for his head and wanting him replaced with Click. Or maybe Jeff Blair is full of s*** because the FO is pretty airtight and he has no sources and no clicks on any of his articles anymore.
  4. Now THIS is an attack Wow!
  5. Jays had the best playoff showing of the 3 AL East teams by far. Congrats everyone.
  6. Tbh the one positive thing I remember him for on the field was yelling as he crossed home plate on Bautista's bat flip bomb.
  7. Ok now who do we go for? Rangers or Astros? Yuck.
  8. On top of it they got swept so now the Orioles Fanboys of the board can't say they have more playoff wins than Vlad and Bo. It won't stop them from saying they have more AL East titles but still.
  9. Ryan Goins sucks and should have retired years ago. He was mildly interesting for a year but otherwise I couldn't stand when he was on the team. I think because he was bald and hit left handed the casuals thought he was actually good. He also had a very inflated ego for a player with a career WAR of 0.1. I seem to remember him being the guy who screwed up the pop up against KC in the playoffs too.
  10. There is zero chance they "pour gas on that thing." The Astros run a pretty high payroll and I don't see the Orioles coming anywhere close to that. Angelos has already signaled that major extensions are out of the question. The O's could still contend during a multi-year period nonetheless. They have enough young talent. But they could also take a step back. If their luck normalized, that alone would shave 7-10 wins off. Not picking at the top of the draft anymore could also hurt. And they have some of the worst ownership in sports which I think people can often underrate how important that can be. Not many teams perpetually contend with low payrolls. The Rays seem to be the only one but I would say that they have a pretty good owner despite the low payrolls. He is very smart.
  11. That's what they said last year and they ended up with Kyle Gibson as their big offseason acquisition
  12. They are formidable moving forward no doubt. If they start underperforming their pytho a little bit instead of massively overperforming it it could help counteract some of the prospects they have coming up.
  13. Starting Jimmy Dean Sausage Kremer in an elimination game lol Orioles pitching finally (but predictably) bites them in the ass I doubt they have much to cheer for this offseason too
  14. Hmm guess I didn’t think about sponsorship opportunities taking a hit
  15. "Window keeps getting smaller" is the new "The ship is sinking"
  16. I bet he's on the block. They suck ass, he doesn't have much control left, and their owner is cheap as hell.
  17. I'm good I'm just taken aback that he would have the gall to attack me with semantics like this.
  18. He wouldn't be bad and is a realistic option.
  19. My bad when you said "we need to add a star player" I didn't realize you meant "we don't actually need to add a star player to make the playoffs."
  20. What the hell are you talking about? You left about 2 pages worth of comments about how "we need to add another star player." lmao
  21. Wow all I do is suggest that the Jays should kick the tires on a FA and now I'm getting attacked. I think the difference is that Ohtani is a FA so it's only money. It's admittedly a long shot but the Jays have been pretty big players in FA lately and I'm curious as to how the TV situation could help us. Rogers probably has as much money as any other owner, after all. Whereas trading for one year of Juan Soto would require us giving up Tiedeman or something like that which makes less sense to me. In addition, I'm also not declaring that the Jays must add a 4 WAR player to advance in the playoffs. I think they should definitely look to improve but there are different ways of doing it. So I'd like to officially note that with this post I have successfully blocked your attack and have landed several counterattacks. Take that pal.
  22. Lol Manoah is such a clown. Not only did he eat his way of of the league he seemingly takes no responsibility for it and then went and did some medical stuff on his own accord. Hopefully he wakes the hell up and comes into camp in shape and can put up 2 WAR or better as the #5.
  23. I've said all along that they should at least be thinking about it. I assume that Rogers having their own sports channel to broadcast the games would give them some extra benefits to Ohtani signing here than it would other teams. Also, I wonder how the team benefits if they are picking up extra US broadcasts of his games because you know ESPN and Fox would choose to show Jays games much more often with Ohtani on the team than they do now. So I guarantee you the Jays are doing the due diligence on him and are crunching numbers regarding TV ratings and things of that nature. Hopefully the math adds up and we become serious suitors for him this offseason.
  24. Who came up with this arbitrary 4 WAR number? Why do we have to add a player of that caliber? Why not 3.5 or 4.5?
×
×
  • Create New...