Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Terminator

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    22,061
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    113

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Terminator

  1. No prob you probably just got him confused with Conforto. They are the same damn player only one bats left.
  2. Well Haniger is a righty but yeah they need bats and while the Giants do too they already have plenty of Haniger types.
  3. I just don't see the need to add Teo on a 3 or 4 year deal when he's not even that much of an improvement over KK. In fact, Steamer thinks he's worse on a per game basis and that tracks because KK was better than Teo was last year too. And that goes for most of the LF/DH types out there. So I'd rather see a smaller signing like Duvall or Grichuk who could platoon with KK. I do like the idea of bringing in a DH with some thump though. So maybe Teo fits there but we could also go with Joc, Soler, Hoskins, JDM, etc.
  4. Ray isn't expected back until after the All-Star break. He wasn't very good in 2022 and then had a lost season in 23. Descalfani is probably worth about 1 year 12 mil so I don't think he's a problem for them. They can just start him at the #5 and keep Woo and Hancock in AAA for depth, can limit their innings, and play with their service time. Haniger sucks and so does his contract but it's a lot better than Ray's and they are so desperate for bats that he helps them too. I have no idea what the Giants are thinking. Seems like they think Ray can bounce back and since they have a hole burning in their pocket they might as well try it?
  5. They'll probably start them both with Marlowe working in as well (I think he sucks though).
  6. Looks like they might have another deal in the works?
  7. Hmm I thought this was an easy W for the Mariners. Ray's contract is terrible. DeScalfani only has 1 year left and Haniger has two. Ray has 3 years and over 70 mil left.
  8. I could see a fit there. The Braves literally have ZERO bench so I could see a fit there as well. And when I say ZERO I mean it. David Fletcher (who was outrighted to AAA already), Leury Garcia and our old friend Forrest Wall are currently taking up their bench spots right now on Roster Resource. They may want one or even two guys from us. One of Espinal, Biggio and Clement and then perhaps even Horwitz who could split time with Ozuna at DH.
  9. Yeah you would think he would be interested and I don't think the trade would affect that too much. I do think that the trade maybe shows how Ross and Co. aren't his biggest fans. But maybe it's a different situation now and they would consider him.
  10. Normally I would agree but death, taxes and Cavan Biggio getting way too many ABs at positions he can barely field are the three constants in life.
  11. More dinger highlights for all of the Greg Bird fanboys
  12. I gave up on the Biggio hate months ago Dean and it feels great. You just don't have to worry about whether or not he'll hit above the Mendoza line and if he's going to be stealing ABs from more deserving players. You just let the good times (the occasional walk) roll. https://www.bluejaysmessageboard.com/threads/11136-Announcement-from-the-Sheriff
  13. Yeah between the 4 guys you mentioned and Teoscar you'd think at some point the music will stop playing and one or two of them will be forced to take a 1 year deal. Even Soler and Teo could find themselves looking at less years than they had hoped. Seems wise to wait the DH market out.
  14. Michael Brantley will do everything he can to avoid playing for the Toronto Blue Jays, including retiring from the game of baseball altogether.
  15. Yeah this makes sense. I've seen IKF's numbers against high velocity floating around twitter. I think he had a .330 xwOBA against 95+ which is in line with his career totals. That puts him somewhere around a top 150ish hitter in baseball against high velocity. Here he is in a 1-2 count slap hitting a high 99 mph fastball from the reigning Cy Young winner into right field for an RBI single for an example. https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/sporty-videos?playId=f9e2c5f5-be57-4cda-be49-4ed5d4de9db6 So not only is he an great fielder but he's also an excellent professional hitter as well. Love that signing. *takes another gulp of Kool Aid*
  16. Michael Brantley is a xenophobe.
  17. Speaking of DH targets, Joc Pederson and Devante Adams were both WRs on the same high school football team. Joc Pederson was WR1.
  18. He would have been a good target for the DH spot.
  19. Yeah the best he can hope for is NPB at some point. Not sure how they would view this but that door might be slammed as well.
  20. Lol nice try Jim
  21. I don't think this is common practice in the DR in current times though. If it was even somewhat common they'd let it slide for a millionaire baseball player. So I get having certain allowances for different times/cultures but this instance doesn't fit that bill.
  22. Yeah the Orioles system is a lot better than ours. But my whole point is that it's not fair to say that all of our 50s and 45s are destined to move down the defensive spectrum and more or less suck if they hit their 50th percentile and that when the Orioles' similarly ranked guys make it to the bigs they are destined to excel. I'm not talking about their 60s and comparing them to our 45s. I'm talking about our 45s compared to theirs. Apples to apples it's not fair to assume that theirs will all excel and that ours will all stink.
  23. Well that's fine but do it for other systems too and it's the same thing. Can't act like Westburg and his 45 FV is some future stud with a 50th percentile projection while Orelvis and his 50 FV is destined to be a below average RF if he hits his 50th percentile.
  24. I'm not trying to pick on you but Mayo is only a 55 FV to Orelvis' 50. If you undersold Orioles prospects like you do Jays then we could describe those guys like this: With 50th percentile projections go ahead and move Mayo down the defensive spectrum (I've seen more RF projections for him than I have Orelvis) and he's a 1.5-2 WAR RF. That doesn't scare me. Basallo is already 6'3'' 250 at age 18. He's not catching at that size so move him down the defensive spectrum too to 1B. No defense and no base running. We'll see if the hit tool holds as he advances. Looks good now but sometimes the more physically advanced prospects dominate the lower levels. He's a 1B/DH type. Doesn't scare me either.
×
×
  • Create New...